If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Mashup (the genre)

edited 2011-07-18 17:51:37 in Media
We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
I love the idea of mashup as a genre, and it can sometimes sound really good, but... really?

Who on earth really sits down and says "I think I'm going to mash The Beach Boys and fucking J Dilla together, that sounds awesome" and then actually does that? What kind of twisted thought process actually makes this connection?

And then there's those "let's throw all of modern pop culture into Ableton and see how it goes" deals like Night Ripper and its contemporaries, which must require such vision to piece together that I can't imagine what kind of process goes into making them.

Comments