If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I'm such an idiot...

edited 2011-02-18 17:53:07 in Meatspace
OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
So. Context is needed for this. I have a lot of allergies, most notable of which is a lethal one to peanuts. Every time I've had a skin test, the doctor commented that he'd never seen that strong of a reaction to peanuts.

I suppose at this point I should go ahead and clarify up front that I'm perfectly fine.

So today I ate some chips. Then I looked back at the label and realized that it had a warning about possibly containing peanut oil. I took a benadryl and didn't have a reaction, but still. How can I be such an idiot? I've been reading ingredients labels since I could read, and then I just forget? Argh.

Comments

• Well... yeah, that was a pretty bad mistake.

I'm really glad that you're alright, at least.

I'm not sure what else to say though.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Thanks.

Yeah, this isn't likely to lead to a lot of discussion. I just needed a place to vent.
  • edited 2011-02-19 20:51:23
    Cue-bey
    I had a mental image of you typing this out right as your throat closes up, right until that second paragraph. >:c

Still, glad you aren't dead.
    Thank you.

Pretty sure I would have been driving to a hospital were that the case.
  • Seconding the "glad you aren't dead" thing.  Living with allergies is, apparently, pretty difficult when it comes to day-today life.  I wouldn't know though, since all I have is sensitivity to pollen.
    It's surprisingly easy. That's probably the worst thing, sense it makes it easy to get overly relaxed about it like that.
  • Yeah, I can imagine how it might be hard to see certain things coming, since my first thought when I see a bag of potato chips is rarely "peanuts."  You know what's ironic?  I had a handful of wasabi peanuts just before typing this.
  • I am so glad that I have no allergies.
    ^^Chips are actually a fairly normal thing for them to be in. Fried, so there's oil, and peanut oil is cheap.