If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Netflix's plan/pricing change

2»

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    They tried to buy the rights to continue Firefly awhile back.

Holy ballsacks. I'm not much of a Whedon fan. But if Netflix were to do that, they'd get more Internet goodwill than early era Google.
  • You can change. You can.
    @INUH: what format are/were they planning on going for? Series? Films? Serials?

• edited 2011-07-12 13:51:57
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Well, I think (though this is just speculation based on the Firefly offer) they were planning on starting with streaming series roughly equivalent to TV shows.
  • You can change. You can.
    Hmm, most interesting. Thing is that pretty much cuts up the middle man.

Not sure if I approve.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Eh, the middleman's not doing anything useful.
  • Go Netflix.
  • edited 2011-07-12 13:58:34
    Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    Basically, film producing companies could skip the distribution studios and go to Netflix. So the studios wouldn't make bank for the DVD sales which in some cases is the bulk of a film's total gross.
  • Well fuck that. I'm done with my subscription. I was considering it for awhile since the streaming selection is crap and I can't find many dvds I want to watch. But this is the final straw.

I'll just pirate the new movies that come out and I want to watch.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    So long as video stores, Pay-per-view, redbox, and those knock-off streaming companies still exist they technically don't have a monopoly.

In any case, I don't think this is that big a deal. Times are tough. Netflix is a luxury.