If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Images you know you'll never use. (Now NSFW)

Comments

• edited 2015-01-10 19:46:20
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Hmmm, I guess I'll have to apologise to Alex. Seems like he was right after all. Have I had this proof back then, I wouldn't have caused that whole mess.

https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/1472957_771528389530133_1250085241_n.jpg?oh=0330d32bb2161fa0cd2f6009ae6c99fd&oe=552BAFC3

(The caption reads: "17.IV.2013, Reptilian secret headquarters somewhere in the fourth dimension.")

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Maggie?

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Thatcher.

• edited 2013-11-22 13:12:31

Cis Privilige?

...should I give the context?

• I'll do it.

So here's what's going on. The Kamen Rider franchise has two fan translation camps; one is "We are in love with the Japanese language, so we're not going to translate things like "-sama" and "-kun" because everybody knows what they are already." These people assemble under a banner known as TV-Nihon.

The other camp is "Folks don't understand Japanese at all, or they wouldn't be watching these things. So we translate everything." Those folks are the sub groups Over-Time and Aesir.

Earlier this year, Over-Time decided not to translate Kamen Rider Gaim, leaving it to Aesir. Kamen Rider Gaim is a show about gangs of street-dancers who live in a manufactured city and use the native alien lifeforms to battle on their behalf over conflicts of territory, using electronic-fruit devices known as Lockseeds. But the game is changed when Sengoku/Warring Drivers appear, with which the Beat Rider dancers may use aforementioned Lockseeds to transform into superhuman fighters with fruit weapons. It's the Warring States period all over again as alliance and betrayal punctuates the conflict, bringing entertainment to the city's inhabitants.

Recently, Aesir made the unprecedented move to translate one of the heroes' names. Kamen Rider Gridon - based on the acorn nut - was so-named by his lazy comrade in arms, with "Guridon" being an anagram of "Donguri", an acorn. Aesir changed his title to make sense in English, becoming Kamen Rider Ornac, an anagram of "acorn".

This has not been done in the twenty-or-so years that non-Japanese people have been watching the show. Not once was a character's title or name been localized or changed. This is a first, and all kinds of folks are unhappy.

Those who dislike the change point to the fact that Toei's website is known to have the official name in English as "Gridon", and claim that "Ornac" is not immediately obvious as an anagram of "Acorn". They call this a double-standard, as many other titles aren't translated either. There was much name-calling, shaming, and legitimacy-questioning.

Those who like the change (like me), state that Toei does not care what we foreigners do with the translation because we aren't even supposed to be watching it in the first place, and state that if you just think about it for ten seconds you'll get it. I say that "Ornac" works fine as a one-off joke, and does well to distinguish its character as a European-themed hero against the other samurai, imperial Chinese, and gladiator-themed heroes.

And so people have begun changing the .ass script files to suit their preferences (including me), resulting in that above joke image.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

So wait — are these macros being made by people who don't like the changes as some sort of effort to mock people who do like the changes?

• edited 2013-11-23 02:33:59
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^^ Oh...my.

......iiinteresting.

• @Fuschlatz I don't know. I think people just got tired of threads being almost entirely complaints about a single name change*, so somebody did that to mock /m/ or something (one of the characters' names got changed to "VF kun").

Also, see the video embed

* there were like 6 threads that got past the post/bump limit because of that one complaint.

• I think they're mocking everything, but if you want a definitive answer you're going to have to ask those folks. 

Personally, editing the sub files is really easy, and anyone can do it. I'm doing it myself because I want the Chinese-themed superhero to have a Chinese title.

• a little muffled

.ass
    lolololololoololol

• edited 2014-12-28 14:27:37
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

A glitch in the Matrix?

(dead links)

That car clearly ran over something.

• Nifty.

Since this is an image thread:

• why is it addressed to a special cunt

• It's supposed to read "For a Special Aunt".

• I have used this but its context is gone/about to be deleted:

• edited 2013-11-25 02:10:53

Might as well post this, too. Context similarly deleted.

Might as well post other stuff I've had lying around:

NSFW

More NSFW.

Edit: NSFW linking.

• @Stormtroper: the gif with the knife slicing should probably just be linked too.

• Yeah it should. It lost its effect for me from having it around so I didn't realize it. Sorry.

Funny thing is that penis/nun object also looks like a bullet.  And it could also look like various other objects too.

• wbewe

Rocking all night.

• edited 2013-11-28 14:06:04

http://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/2013/11/65305ef734a561b33dbf50445cceaa03_original.gif?1385646266

(Edit: this one is fun too.)

http://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/2013/11/36943cd5cf1479fbfb2d9db499347284_original.gif?1385646268 

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Heh. This is probably the first pic I post as intended for this thread, namely, on the off-chance that I will have some use for it in a future conversation. 

http://wiki.rpg.net/images/thumb/7/7e/MPost528-MarySuePoster.jpg/480px-MPost528-MarySuePoster.jpg

• on the off-chance that I will have some use for it in a future conversation.

It's a demotivational in eye-killing red. There is no single conversation this will every be useful in. Not even when trying to troll someone, I'm sure it breaks some sort of Geneva convention.

• edited 2013-12-02 21:24:37
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It could be worse.

It could have yellow text on orange background.