If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Images you know you'll never use. (Now NSFW)

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

> implying Holland is anything but Germany's finest troll against France

• edited 2013-05-22 21:54:06
    Diet NEET

>"Ich will mein Fahrrad züruck"

>"Kohlen graben"

>"Immer gerade aus"

>Implying we don't troll the Mofs much harder

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Guess I'd count as a Turk.

Foucault explained with pictures of hipsters. And cats.

foucault1

foucault2

• So...back then it's more like folks didn't talk about it much, so their society could be seen as "repressive"?

No, no, no. It's more like this:

Contrary to popular opinion, they did talk about sex. While it was mostly private talk with self-appointed scientific, moral or pedagogist experts (doctors, priests, teachers, parents) and there were many taboos, it still means that there was talk about sex. The fact that discourse about sex was confined to confessions to/advices from those "experts", and the various sexual taboos were all a reflection of the modernist/rationalist zeitgeist and the emerging bourgeois economy of the era, where people sought to scientifically explain and confine sex, all in the name of greater productivity. The sexual revolution was a reflection of postmodernist thought, the rejection of the rationalization of sexuality and taking sex as something existing only for the sake of pleasure and the fulfillment of irrational desires.

Think about it - if your main goal is to increase labor power to the maximum, due to the bourgeois society's fetishism of efficiency, it makes sense to degrade women into a machine for making babies, confine sex within the limits of the nuclear family, treat "wasteful" sexual urges, such as homosexuality, as something to be fought against etc.

• Sweet, I have that book on my shelf. Foucault is pretty easy to read and has a buttload of interesting historical examples to support his conclusions. Since academic prices are artificially inflated, I'd say plunder Scribd.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-05-24 23:57:21

So Derpibooru is having a flame war.  And as usual, the cure was to suffocate it in a deluge of weird pictures.

• edited 2013-05-26 20:41:12

You know, it's animefication we speak of. (If that's not a word, it is now.)

Well, I still don't really get why they look like Gunnerkrig Court characters, at least not with those clothes. (this is based on browsing Google Image search, though)

(I kinda just had to put this picture up because hey, Kamen Rider referencing a pop group (somewhat) known for Ultraman music.

• Naas: But...it's Exalted. I don't know where you got Gunnerkrigg.

• I was replying to lrdgck. Sorry, forgot the quote format.

• edited 2013-05-26 21:39:10

...you guys refer to each other's posts terribly.

As in it's terrible because it's confusing. All these arrows pointing up but at nothing at all, pointing down but without specifics...

It's a mess.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Well, I still don't really get why they look like Gunnerkrig Court characters, at least not with those clothes.

Mhhmm, it's like out of the two leading characters, one has short dark hair and is fond of practical work clothes, and the other dresses girlier and has long hair that is theoretically red, but looks to me like it could be anything from red to shades of blonde, so when I saw that picture I thought it's fanart of the main cast of GC.

While I'm at it - so, it's taken from some anime? If so, then I won't recognize them, but if they're some anime-style fanart then I'm curious.

Anime-style GC would sure be a thing. 

• edited 2013-05-27 14:16:20

^^ It's a screencap from Lagrange: the Flower of Rin-ne, an anime @glennmagusharvey seems to like. The "TOKYO MX" network logo thing is very faintly visible in the upper left corner. Normally, they look more like this:

lag-rin

(the girl in the middle is my current avatar, actually)

• edited 2013-05-28 13:27:56

something Agito

(source)

I'm not sure who the green and blue dudes with big capes are, though. Or even if they're in the show.

Hey, does anyone know if besides the two big floating dudes that are kinda mirroring each other, is the stuff in this picture parodying any specific religious artwork?

• Meanwhile in Portland

• Naas: The whole thing uses image motifs from all kinds of art that I only remember in passing. For example, the two Overlord gods clearly are meant to evoke Michelangelo's 'Creation of Adam'. Also equally obvious is the halo around Agito's head, a sign of holiness.

Additionally, the mirroring of the Riders with the EL Lords may be the arch-demons and arch-angels summing each other up before the final bout of war.

The green Riders at Agito's feet might seem to evoke paying supplication to Jesus, but theirs and Agito's upright postures seem to be more of knights honoring their liege.

Finally, the holy men in the background may be a multitude of magi on their way to meet the messiah.

• Thanks. I didn't even notice the guys in the background, truth be told.

Meanwhile in Portland

That reminds me:

Recently I went to Black Sabbath with my younger brother. We got off the train in the city, about ten or fifteen minutes walking distance from the arena where the concert was being held. Close to the location, on the sidewalk, was Elmo. He was playing the Star Wars theme on the bagpipes. It was pretty wonderful and the highlight of the night, despite going to Black goddamn Sabbath. 

• That looked painful.

• edited 2013-05-29 22:59:22

^^^ Wait, if that's backwards, then did she like, swallow the bird?

Shin Asuka. Not the Gundam one

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Since you've been bothered:

http://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/2013/05/3fefbc496fbd6aae51ba7964ebca1147_original.jpg?1369815779 

http://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/2013/05/bc6bf68837383bf39a119b50ebbdff39_original.gif?1369825828