If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The golden rule

edited 2011-07-11 13:44:15 in Philosophy
Treat others the way you want to be treated...obvious problem there. NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO BE TREATED IN THE SAME WAY! What causes me extreme pleasure might cause J. Random Person extreme displeasure and vice versa.

Comments

• It's a rule of thumb. You can't expect people to custom tailor their interactions to your desires.
  • edited 2011-07-11 13:47:18
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    I got about two inches on the ruler of thumb.
  • I dunno, the golden rule makes sense if you convince yourself that everyone's a self-loathing masochist. >.>
  • Here's the thing. What if you're a masochist?
    I know I am!
  • That ruler is a waste of a gold-looking-thing. My steel one looks better.

To the OP : I don't understand this either, but a whole lot of life lessons are rather shitty through an incredibly high amount of interpretations, and I really don't care about when people speak of the supposed intended meaning because a lot of the time it would be a lot less misleading to just say that instead.

Treat others the way they want to be treated would be better I suppose, except that also kind of sucks because of the chaos that could happen.
  • Remember: The Marquis De Sade passes the test of the Categorical Imperative.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    The way mutual respect works:

Being friendly to other people and not being an asshole to each other makes it easier to unify and oppress singular assholes who refuse to respect others.

If one person is being a dick a group of people who aren't being a dick can fuck with that person and make his/her life suck more.

Like bullying. Bullying jaded assholes makes the world a better place.
    ^^ I miss that guy's parties.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I heard once he held a celebration lasting four months. Can you believe it? 
    I'm sure some of his guests couldn't sit for months after that.