If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I think my friend is kind of an attention whore

edited 2011-02-15 18:35:17 in Meatspace
Harbinger of thread and forum death
In fact, I think all my friends are... They always bitch way more than seems reasonable for any given situation. Yesterday, my friend claims to have cried because it's valentine's day. She has a boyfriend for God's sake and the dude seems pretty fond of her. And she will bitch about other small things that in the grand scheme of things aren't huge problems. It annoys me

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    Tell her off

I'm not exaggerating, people like that need a few dopeslaps to return to reality.
  • Harbinger of thread and forum death
    I keep trying but she won't listen. Maybe I should be more direct but I don't wanna lose a friend y'know
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    Eh. That kind of person seems like far more trouble than they're worth.

I would say "attention whore" here, I'd say "drama queen". There's a difference.
  • Believe me. People like that are worthless if they don't listen to reason, or even bother hearing out what you have to say.
    @Spain Nah, she's kinda the former. Trust me on that one, though she is also quite the drama queen.

@Tnoph You might be right, but I suck at leaving friends, makes me feel weird...

• The best thing to do is just drop her and never talk to her again, and don't let your emotions or honesty get in the way.

Don't feel obligated to do the first action when it comes to finding out who was wrong or not.
    I'll do the latter, the former, I can't cause she's alright when not being a complete drama queen. If nothing else, and this might make me sound like a complete asshole for which I totally apologize, I gotta find a replacement before I drop her
  • edited 2011-02-15 18:49:57
    ^^ A bit harsh, don't you think?
  • edited 2011-02-15 18:50:34
    That's it right there. You are thinking what you are doing is wrong. Don't.

^ it's not harsh, it's just getting to the point.
    But who else will bring her back to reality, since I tend to call her out on quite a bit
  • She should have to do that, you can't dedicate yourself to trying to fix your friends. Helping them is fine, but if they don't get the hint that there is something wrong, it's going to be futile to change it.