If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Republicans saying we need smaller government...

edited 2011-02-14 11:27:02 in Meatspace
Morgan Freeman is God
... While never saying anything about cutting our absolutely massive defense budget.

Seriously, if you're going to push for a smaller government, that means every aspect of government. Don't just make certain parts smaller because it would benefit some huge corporation at the expense of the environment, the economy, and everyone else who isn't a billionaire.

Comments

• edited 2011-02-14 11:31:07
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I push for a smaller government. One of my main points in terms of that is that we really should not have troops outside our country.

Of course, I'm not a Republican...
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ^^ INUH I don't think you'd survive a Republican primary election.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yeah, I don't feel like I fit in with either major party.
  • edited 2011-02-14 22:03:30
    Blame the voters. They're the ones who have made Social Security, Medicare and defense spending untouchable sacred cows that can never be cut.
    But they wouldn't let us vote for Ficus!
  • edited 2011-02-14 23:06:30

If I was ruler, I would go for a solution to the deficit that's practical, even if it is slightly risky: forget about the deficit. Or, more accurately, I would tell the people we owe money to to shove that trillion dollars up where the sun don't shine.

• edited 2011-02-15 00:11:55
    Pony Sleuth
    Why don't we all pay debts simultaneously, then?

Sort of like how traffic jams can stop if everyone moves an inch forward at the same time.
  • ^ I got the image of the cars in a four-way traffic jam all flooring the gas at the same time. What could possibly go wrong?
  • ^ Well, if they would install a proper traffic signal instead of this damn four-way stop...

Wait, what was the metaphor again?
    As someone stated on the forum, it's a better idea to trust Big Government to protect oneself against Big Business than to trust Big Business to protect oneself against Big Government.