If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I seem to like only girly drinks.

edited 2011-07-03 12:58:11 in General
I've been 21 since Feb, and as such I'm expected to drink (I was one of the 12 people under 21 who didn't drink).

The problem is, I only like sweet drinks because I really enjoy pop. I've been trying "manly drinks" like Guiness or Vodka and I cant stand any of it. Lo and Behold I try some Mike's Hard Lemonade and I love it, probably due to it being citrus and sweet.

Sadly I found out drinking it is apparently girly, and I'll be beaten up in bars out of principal. Are there "real drinks" that are sweet?

Comments

• Drink water like a real man.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Being underage and having no intentions of drinking, I couldn't tell you which "real" drinks are actually sweet, but ... well, I would tell you not to put so much stock in the opinions of people who would judge you over what you drink, but if you actually plan on going to bars, that could be an issue. :/
  • ^^ I love water.

^ Yeah, I'm not planning on going to any bars anytime soon but it still bugs me.
  • I rather not drink i've dealt witht hat sort of thng before aned it's unpleasent.

• Manly drinks are supposed to hurt, like everclear.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    And rusty nails in eye drops. 
  • I've had a little bit of experience with drinking (and I'm only twenty! DUN DUN DUN), and going by what I've tasted and discussed with friends, sweet drinks taste a good deal better than the people referring to them as girly would likely care to admit. Irish cream is delicious, by the way.

A beer can be great with a meal, but sometimes the taste is kind of annoying on its own. I'm pretty sure it's an acquired taste, and not one I've come to completely enjoy. The first beer I had was with a dinner, and even then I couldn't stand to finish it.

Vodka and whiskey is just kind of gross to me, but it can be decent in mixes. But then, I've known some people to enjoy the taste. To me, that sort of stuff is mainly worth bothering with because it gets you drunk without your having to bother pissing a ton of beer.

With regards to that stuff being "girly", I'm tempted to say fuck the haters. You shouldn't be going to bars where they would bother to beat people up, anyway.

I didn't think that was enough experience to bother contributing, but when I saw people who have never drank posting, well...
  • If an adult male is getting anything more than mildly buzzed off some of those, something is wrong.
  • Drink absinthe straight from the bottle.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Well there's wine, it can very sweet (especially dessert wines). And people will call you pretentious instead of unmanly. Whether that's better is up to you.
  • They're somethin' else.
    I drank something called a tokyo ice tea once. I held the class Dracula-ish, swishing it around here and there.

This apparently irked some people. I was well prepared to provoke them further. I'd like to see how well they fight when drunk.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I've had loads of experience with alcohol being from the UK and having been at Uni.
    Really who cares what you drink.

Some of the best cider is very sweet, and a lot of people tend to drink spirits mixed (hence why you can get JD and coke in a can from supermarkets now.)

Really there is no point drinking something you aren't going to like.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Girly Drinks are still better than Coors, Bud, and Miller. I don't judge you.
    ^
    Oh yes, Malkavaian is right, lager/american beers are terrible.
    Not all American beers. Sam Adams is excellent, but they're an exception that proves the rule.
    I assume it isn't piss weak as the rest of the 'beer'.

However lager/american beer can never match up to bitters or ales.
    It's not. I heartily recommend trying it the next chance you get. It's hardly my favorite beer, but due to prices it's the one I drink the most.
    I'm going to guess unless I ever see any imported or get rich soon and travel to America I'm unlikely to try it.
    If I do I'll try it.

Still, I think I'd miss the taste of Ale/bitter if abroad in the US.
    You can still get them here... they're just more expensive.
  • edited 2011-07-03 15:20:17
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    If I had the money to drink across the US I'd afford myself the imports/microbrrwery stuff you have over there :D
    Our microbrewery history is actually quite sordid and fascinating thanks to that alcohol ban we used to have. Check it out.
    Any recommendatory links?

I obviously know more about UK breweries, also they've had a long accepted history.
  • edited 2011-07-03 15:36:58
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I don't like beer, wine, vodka, etc., because they are bitter.

What, u mad?  Deal.
    Vodka isn't bitter really.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Yeah, it's more bland and just extremely gratuitously alcoholic.  At least the kind I tasted.
  • edited 2011-07-03 15:52:13
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^
    Pretty much, the kind of stuff use to make it alters the flavour (grain vs whatever) but really only matters if you are a vodka snob.

So do you like any alcohol?
  • If an adult male is getting anything more than mildly buzzed off some of those, something is wrong.

It has happened to a few people I know, mostly because these things are so sweet they run down like water, allowing them to drink a ridiculous amount before the alcohol starts to make effect.
    ^
    Also students.
    Always on the Uni nights any clubs would have alcopops marked as the cheapest drink.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Tangentially related:

• Your drinks are so gay. Drinksomthing manly like football.