If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This Proposed Law

edited 2011-06-30 17:18:04 in Politics
http://www.destructoid.com/new-bill-to-make-criminals-of-youtube-jtv-game-streamers-204982.phtml

This is... concerning to say the least. Very concerning.

Let's Plays and similar such content have pretty much completely replaced TV for me nowadays. The vast majority of the video content I consume would now become illegal in the US if this law passes. Given that most LP creators and the sites they host on are American, this would effectively destroy the whole idea of Let's Play. 

Needless to say, that would FUCKING SUCK. Goddamnit America. Propose some sensible laws. 

Also I don't care what anyone says, Slowbeef's Metroid Prime Trilogy LP is better than anything on TV that isn't Doctor Who. 

Comments

• ....do gaming companies ever make copyright claims on youtube?
  • Very very rarely, but it does happen.
  • Is that just because they're more lax about it, or do gaming companies actually tolerate LP's and the like?
  • Honestly? I don't know. I would need to ask someone inside most companies but I imagine it varies depending on the company and the game involved in the LP. 
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I don't know why they would think this would actually get passed, or what it's even supposed to do.

It's making me start to think that most politicians do make Lets Plays, watch Youtube series and plays online games in their sparetime, and they try to propose these things out of hatred and or luzrraeg.
  • It'll get stuffed in a committee drawer and we will never hear about it again, just like every other bill the internet gets outraged about and Barney Frank and Ron Paul's annual marijuana reform bill.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^ I bet it's because Ron Paul got made fun of by Retsupurae. 
  • $80+ per session
    No more Pokecapn, Kung Fu Jesus, Medibot, IlluminatisVespucci, MyNameIsKaz, Vprisoner, Slowbeef, Diabeetus, ChipCheezumUSA, Ironicus, or dshban?! D:
  • So when that says SA2 LP are we referring to Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic Advance 2?
    Sonic Advance 2. 

• edited 2011-06-30 18:50:53
    You know what bugs me about that video? When Chip and Ironicus say all the characters play pretty much the same. They really don't. 
  • edited 2011-06-30 19:14:36
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I'll excuse that based on the fact that Ron Paul says the same thing immediately afterwards. 
  • Who in the hell is this Ron Paul anyway?
    An LPer of Sonic Advance 2. 
  • Ohh, the original person they were riffing on went by the name of Ron Paul. I get it now. Sorry, normally I don't pay attention to the names of the people they're RPing. 
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Wow what? I didn't know Ron Paul actually did do a Let's Play. This is weird.

I wonder what Anthony W would do a Lets Play on.

Hopefully Onechanbara.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    What the heck does that video have to do with Ron Paul?
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "You're playing as a bunny, what's wrong with you?"

Screw that guy, bunnies are awesome.
    It makes more sense when you get to the part with the rape.