If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I accidentally deleted my own thread. (now with more NSFW)

124»

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh, I've seen the first one.

Now I know who you're talking about.

Well, he's one gigantic jackass.
  • Wait that stuff airs on TV?
    Come to think of it, this looks more like Brit!FamilyGuy.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^^
    Of course it aired on TV.

^
    No really no. There is no overarching plot in an episode rather some of the sketches kind of have their own mini plot carried through the season. 
    Also the material is much darker.

No, I mean that the satire is really really blatant.

That said, FG is still more blatant.
    ^
    I've never seen a FG episode with any satire in so *shrug*.
    (Have you ever seen Brass Eye? as we are talking satire.)

I wouldn't take the PDFG as a complete overview of the show, there are several different animation and writing studios behind it each contributing their own sketches.

Well, for what it's worth, it's STILL got more subtlety than FG ever did.
  • edited 2011-07-02 11:47:03
    [tɕagɛn]
    Ian: This stuff would never fly on American TV. Ever.

That's why I was so surprised.
    I guess it wouldn't.
    It is a shame, as a lot of good stuff would never fly over in America. (Brass Eye, Jam, etc.)
    Then please pray and plead that the BBC doesn't takedown it from Youtube for US viewers.
    I do, however I'm sure there are terrible BAD ILLEGAL (which I do not condone) ways to get hold of the Monkey Dust, as series 2&3 have never been released on DVD (creator died issue arose).
  • It's sort of like the first few seasons of FG, but otherwise, it's nothing like it.
    How is it nothing like FG?  It's pretty blatant satire combined with an unwillingness of in-universe bystanders to have any lick of sense.

In-universe bystanders having no lick of sense and going along with a highly-discomforting premise that's used for comedy is a staple of FG.
  • New FG or Old FG? If you're talking about New FG, you're wrong. Rape jokes and a liberal agenda that most liberals find annoying is a staple of FG.
    Well I haven't recently watched FG but I watched quite a bit of it back in the day because the people in my floor of my dorm loved the show and watched it at every weekly study break.

What I never liked was how you would have a lot of really awkward situations where you'd have most of the characters being completely nuts and the few people who actually made sense (usually just the girl in the family, who frequently is the only sane character) having their sensibility blatantly bowled over by the stupidity and nuttery of the crazy people.

Heck, for as much as people make fun of trashy sitcoms, in trashy sitcoms it's the nutters that get pwned by consequences and the sane people get to snark at them, so even that is better than FG-style comedy.
    It's pretty blatant satire combined with an unwillingness of in-universe bystanders to have any lick of sense.

Eh the bystanders are all for killing paedos hence not doing anything also satire of media.
    Other sketches are different.