If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People exaggerating my spelling.

edited 2011-06-26 13:08:18 in IJBM meta
Yeah people get off your high horses nothing I type is as illegible as you claim and you know it. I'ts qutie easy to make out what i'm saying so stop acting like i'm writing in a non-existant language. Yes this is a topic complaining about personal issues so what? Sue me for having a personal issue I need to get off my chest.

Comments

• My thread isn't about you, just a statement you made. I'm not saying you're illegible. The fact you say it's illegible shows how standardized spelling is important, though.
  • i'm just sick of people bitching ab out my spelling it's perfeclty legible just not perfect as far as i'm concerned that is sufficient.
  • For whatever it's worth, you've gotten much better about it, I think.
  • But Tnu, it's not all about you. It might be sufficient for you, but not always for us. You have improved, though!
  • I just have given up on doing anything about it along time ago because of constant bullying. Pissed me off enough to just make me not want toe ven bother.
  • You can change. You can.
    Our problem, Tnu, is not that we don't understand you, it's just that it's simply showing some respect towards the people you're talking to write in a orthographically correct fashion.

It's that really so hard to ask?
  • I gave that up a log time ago Juan. I got sick of the bullying so I said "fuck it" and stopped trying.  Besides I have a distaste for conformity.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Doesn't that being able to fit in a whole lot tougher?
  • Yeah but I don't feel the drive to do anything about it anymore after the bullying. Besides that means they won.
  • No, I think that letting the bullying effect your life in such a radical way in ANY direction means they 'won'.

...I might be being too harsh, though.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    So, instead of trying to overcome the shit that got handed to you, you simply retreat from the world?
  • You can change. You can.
     I got sick of the bullying so I said "fuck it" and stopped trying.  Besides I have a distaste for conformity.

You do realize you're still acting that way because of what they say, right? Being discomfortant (Is that the word?) is just another way of letting people dictate how you must act.

All I'm saying is that if you don't want to do it, it's fine, I really don't mind, but is it so hard to do it? And even if it is, isn't it worth it? Even if for, at least, to show to people that you actually were educated and know the language you're speaking?
  • Yes. that's how I deal with everything. I  reject it.
  • That's not a very productive attitude.
  • ...look, Tnu. I'm going to back up here and be less harsh. Bullying is a form of psychological abuse, and it can be very hard to overcome. But perhaps you need to think about whether or not retreating from the world and rejecting change and any kind of normality is healthy for you?
  • Well it's how I work. I know no other way. I said to the bullies "fuck you I won't conform". I'm not going to concede. I'm not going to pretend or falsify anything.
  • And honestly, your spelling problems seem an issue of not bothering to use the BACKSPACE or DELETE key.
  • I know that's how you work, but I really, really think it might be unhealthy. Won't you be willing to consider that? There's a difference between being yourself and doing everything opposite of everyone else. Radical noncomformity is just another way to conform to a DIFFERENT ideal.
  • Conformism feels good, man.
  • what are you calling me a non-conformist? I'm not a non-conformist! It takes too long for me to look over a post usually even when I make it laconic.  It's difficult if I were able to move past it I wouldn't still be dwelling on someone for the past seven years.
  • So you hate conformism, but aren't a non-conformist?
  • Exactly. DOnt' associate me with them.I'm not one of them.
  • They're somethin' else.
    Good lord. This man is bullying himself.
  • You refuse to conform at all, and you hate conformism. That's the definition of a nonconformist, Tnu.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Honestly, it's a combination of things. Listing them would probably get me banned, but frankly using bullying as an excuse to hide in a hidey-hole or bitch endlessly pisses me off to no degree. It's not you, it happens with many in general. Including some on this forum. 
  • So you're syaing i'm conforming tot he non conformists?
  • Yes, exactly. You're limiting your options in life by refusing to do anything that might be construed as conforming, instead of being yourself, which is true liberty.
  • $80+ per session
    Look, Tnu. I have a lot of experience with playing the victim, and things like conforming.

The way I see it is, just do it. And don't think of it as conforming. It isn't that big of a deal. You gain nothing from not taking our advice.
  • edited 2011-06-26 13:49:25
    "Once conform, once do what others do because they do it, and a kind of lethargy steals over all the finer senses of the soul."
    Michel de Montaigne

It is toruble for me I have a natural difficulty with it and I know i'm conforming I can't get it out of my midn that i'm conforming because I have to consciously go out of my way to chang the situation.

• Holy shit you people are still trying D:

If he wants his life to be miserable, let him.

This discussion has been closed.