If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Humanities Disciplines

edited 2011-06-26 11:00:38 in Philosophy

It bugs me that most of the subjects studied in the humanities are nigh untestable in the real world. This particularly irks me in regards to economics, in which the well-being of the world relies on unreliable models. That's not even getting into the sheer dogma that plagues such humanities subjects, in which people have a vested interest in believing one model works and the others don't. It's all so decidedly unscientific.

Partially I bring this up because I'm taking a philosophy of mind course in my next year, but I read that much of it has been rendered obsolete by neuroscience. This made me question how much of philosophy is actually useful, or if it is just as Karl Marx said, masturbation.

Comments