If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Sonic 3's 6th and 7th Chaos Emeralds

edited 2011-02-06 20:14:08 in Media
Morgan Freeman is God
FUCK YOU TWO SPECIAL STAGES, YOU'RE BOTH TOO HARD.

Comments

• edited 2011-02-06 20:19:38
    Nah.  Sonic 3's special stages were way easier than the ones in Sonic 2 or Sonic 1.

Plus you could replay levels once you beat the game, so you didn't even have to get all the Chaos Emeralds in one playthrough.

Sonic 3 was the only Sonic game I actually got all the Chaos Emeralds in...

and was the only one I actually beat.
  • While we are on the topic of Video Games:

Fuck you, FFXII Oversouls. How dare you drain all of my MP before you even get close enough to kill. You bastards.

They are all like "teleport near you and be immune to damage long enough to sap you of all of your MP....NOW YOU CAN PROCEED TO KILL ME" and if you aren't strong enough to one-hit them, they will spam Death Spells to kill you.

Want to run away? Nope. They just teleport next to you. Get to the next screen? Guess what? They teleport into that room too.
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    What really irks me is that you can't do the special stages over again unless you beat the game. You can't just quit and restart from the last save point and find the special stage over again, the giant rings disappear after one use unless you beat the game.
  • Yeah, that could be a problem.  I guess it is kind of silly to wait until after beating the game to get the Chaos Emeralds, huh?  Since then you can become Super Sonic, but... there's not much of a point then, is there?
  • And then comes the boss fights.

Here's the process to killing any of the badass dragons/dinosaurs in the game:

1. Equip strongest weapon.

2. Set up autoheal gambits and auto-attack gambits.

3. Micromanage the fight.

4. Win.

There isn't even a Profit or ??? step in it.
  • I couldn't beat a boss pretty early on in Final Fantasy XII so I gave up and never played it again.
  • If it was the Wild Saurian you meet in the Dalmasca Estersands in the beginning of the game...that's just a neutral tyrant. You don't do anything to it.

Otherwise, you must've came across an optional mark. Or you were fighting Ba'Gam'nan, who you are supposed to run away from.
  • edited 2011-02-06 22:40:56
    No, it was an actual boss fight, I'm pretty sure.  I just suck.
  • Was it a burning horse?
  • Really, I have no idea.  Last time I played that game was... like a few months after it came out, I think.  Which is a long time ago...
  • USO DA!

You DO have an idea of the boss that killed you. Now tell me.
  • I really don't, though.

I guess I can like... look through a guide for the game and figure out where I stopped playing, or something...
  • I'LL STAY MAI HAUNDS...WITH YAU BLAHT
    I know I had a problem with that stupid horse.
  • edited 2011-02-07 19:09:41
    But you never had any to begin with.
    Oh gog, Elder Wyrm flashbacks.
  • My main problem was the god damn Elder Wyrm and Ahriman.

Never liked the disease ailment. Wha, I died with disease, and now I only have 1 max HP?