If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM has strayed from its mission statement.

edited 2011-02-06 15:36:29 in IJBM meta
Pony Sleuth
These last few days has seen an increase of shitposting. This is a little aggravating, but not in itself something I feel is worth complaining about. I'm not Nornagest.

However, this has, at least from my perspective, been accompanied with a decrease in posts related to complaining about actual things. Using a specific example, two of my threads from yesterday got three replies each. Compare that to the activity in the shitpost threads.

Did you guys forget what the point of IJBM was in the first place? I'd like a place to air my gripes. You guys are able to make shitpost threads and threads about lolis or whatever the shit in Yack Fest. I can't create threads there for the purpose of group complaining. It might happen, and I can certainly complain in the OP, but it doesn't have the same context as making a thread here. (Granted, you can't make snowclone threads there, so I think it's only fair that you can exercise that freedom here.)

Please, for the love of crap, remember what we're here for in the first place.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Hm. I've made one complaining thread and one shitpost thread. The former got zero replies and the latter got a fair number.
  • a little muffled
    All of my threads have been legitimate complaining.
  • Most of mine are legitimate complaining. I try not to make too many shit-threads, as they clog the place up.

(Also, Yack Fest is surprisingly averse to shitpost threads about lolis)
  • It's not like there were any legitimate complaining threads in the original IJBM either.
  • IJBM didn't seem to turn into Shitpost-Land until the last several months of its existence, though.
  • Well... those are the months I remember since they're the ones I was actually posting in it during.
    • Virulent Hatred Thread
    • Assholes dedicate more time to things they hate
    • Hating something blindly then realizing you like it.
    • Tahoma is overrated
    • Teen Pregnancy
    • PETA vs. The Westboro Baptist Church
    • Hypocrisy vs. The Hypocrisy Fallacy
    Those are the months when I showed up.
  • There are not enough complainers here, compared to shitposters and fetters.
    Can't people do both?
  • they should, but they don't.
  • edited 2011-02-06 16:18:52
    Loser
    Gelzo,
    Generally, I think it is difficult to encourage or discourage certain behaviors on a forum without making new rules or changing moderation styles. Thus, I doubt that there will be more complaining here as opposed to poopposting topics just because you or I might like that to happen.

Personally, I find the sexual derails and topics more annoying than the poopposting but that may just be me. Again, what I like or dislike probably does not really matter.

As for the topic of the first IJBM, I certainly did not frequent that subforum for the poopposting. That is part of the reason why I basically bailed on it after its deletion was announced and the poopposting picked up significantly. I much prefer a subforum for talking about problems to one for spam. I may just be a bit delusional, but I found plenty of discussions in IJBM to be pretty interesting and I would like poopposting topics to be an occasional sideshow rather than the main event.

I wonder if my impression of IJBM is completely wrong though.
  • You soft little kids couldn't handle real complaining topics anyway without shitposting or going "u mad?" as soon as you read it. There's no fucking point in even trying to start a legitimate complaint anywhere unless you grab the people that are annoying you by the balls, getting up in their face and saying "There is nothing good about what you do."
  • edited 2011-02-06 16:37:35
    I tried a few serious complaint threads, but they all died pretty quickly. Though, using the original IJBM as a baseline (again), this is par for the course.

That said, though, I have started quite a few shitpost threads. I'll try to aim for a 1:1 ratio from now on.
  • I think most of my threads have been complaints, but lately I haven't felt angry enough about anything.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I am in agreement with the opening poster; the point of this forum is not wonderposting as much as it is complaining about stuff, even if wonderposting is allowed.  But please don't let that overrun the point of the forum.
  • edited 2011-02-06 21:59:03
    The original mission statement of IJBM was to be a forum version of the It Just Bugs Me page - to talk about things in media that bothered you. Just like the WMG section. It wasn't about complaining about everything and anything and it wasn't a toilet for the rest of the forum's wonderfulness.I like IJBM as it is now, but it stopped being true to its original mission ages ago.

Tno: Something happen these last few days? The mood whiplash is a bit worrisome.
  • I guess it attracted people with the following qualities:

* Fan Haters
    * Shit Posters
    * Offdraft from 4chan
    * Immigrants from sites boiling with negativity
    * Memespouters
    * Idiots
    * Elitists
    * Fetishists
  • edited 2011-02-06 22:05:20
    People took the name of a trope (subforum, in this case)  too literally. Same thing happened to Nightmare/Fetish Fuel.
  • Well, I understood "It Just Bugs Me" as something you wish you could fix or wasn't there.

As in, Why in the do people think Anime is the bees knees?

Then there is "I fucking hate anime"

Then there is  "X anime sucks."

Then there is "Why did X anime Y?"

Then there is "X anime is horrible [trollface]"
  • The "I'm not Nornagest" disclaimer is much more amusing than it should be.
  • It's as amusing as it can be. :P