If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

OTC is officially a liberal circle-jerk

edited 2011-06-16 16:00:02 in Politics
~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
A-yup.

From this thread, I took the results and compiled them. Why can't we have an even-ish mix of opinions? Slightly more even, at least.

ALSO: Why the hell are there so few centrists? I feel so alone. ;_;

Comments

• I tried taking that test, and I found myself asking too many questions of the questions provided to even answer them. Where does that place me?
  • Whoa shit where did you get that chart?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    There's a difference between "a group of people who on average are politically liberal" and "a liberal circle-jerk", by the way.
  • And you are part of it, it seems.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    "Those kind of tests tend to be a bit biased in one direction or another though, so I wouldn't put too much credit on it; those written by libertarians will make more people come out libertarian, those written by liberals will make more people come out liberal, etc."

This is a good point.
  • You can change. You can.
    ALSO: Why the hell are there so few centrists? I feel so alone. ;_;

I'd go, but OTC...so no.
  • edited 2011-06-16 16:12:23
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I came out strongly below the center and a bit to the right. Not going to bother posting the actual chart.
  • Economic Left/Right: -6.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.85

Top Left. Hell yeah.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Economic Left/Right: -1.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.23

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Not a liberal circlejerk due to it being OTC.
  • edited 2011-06-16 16:22:31
    Despite my complaining about them, I'm actually one of them? God damn it.
  • edited 2011-06-16 16:29:57
    a little muffled
    Economic Left/Right: -6.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79

I've taken this test several times before, but I don't remember the exact numbers to compare. I am pretty sure that my number was very close to -6.00 last time, so I guess I've gotten slightly less radical on that axis? I don't remember my old economic numbers at all.
  • edited 2011-06-16 16:40:32
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Economic Left/Right: -4.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49

Out of OTC regulars, that puts me closest to DrunkGirlfriend, which probably makes sense.
  • edited 2011-06-16 16:40:41
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I'm a libertarian. 

Goddamit, I thought I was better than that. 

-0.32, -1.41

Woah, I just realized how ridiculously close to TMA that is. 
  • edited 2011-06-16 16:43:16
    Tech support
    cross posting
    Economic Left/Right: -3.50 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.74

Which is what I expected 
  • Holy shit there are some extreme tropers.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    It seems that choosing "strongly agree" for all of the questions (they don't change) ranks you right in the middle economically, but halfway to total authoritarianism socially. This leads me to believe that the makers of the chart are liberal. 
  • Who keeps pulling me off the list?
  • Choosing strongly disagree does the exact opposite of strongly agree. 
  • I am the only authoritarian so far.
  • edited 2011-06-16 17:04:50
    a little muffled
    @GLORIOUSLeader: By the common (American) definition of "libertarian", you're not, as that entails being economically far-right as well as being socially liberal.
  • edited 2011-06-16 23:42:38
    Loser

• edited 2011-06-16 17:35:01
    I feel that the answers are too based on gut feeling, and it doesn't try to find why you have the beliefs you do. I am so oblivious about economics and politics that I shouldn't be allowed to go near a voting booth, yet I am able to complete that test.

I do like how every question is worded positively, though. Weeds out the people who would vote for anything that "sounds good".
  • Thats true, I liked that.
    > Despite my complaining about them, I'm actually one of them? God damn it.

Again, there's a difference between being a crowd of mostly liberals and being a liberal circle-jerk.
    Also, there's no such thing as a liberal circle-jerk.  Liberals disagree too often for that to ever happen.

"I am not a member of any organized party — I am a Democrat."
    ~Will Rogers
  • Economic Left/Right: -0.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69

Hm....I'm so boring.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭

Economic Left/Right: -1.12

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.33

• ^ COMMIE
  • I'm pretty sure she needs a much larger rating.

LH? Now he's a Communist Traitor(TM).