If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Windows updating when shutting down

edited 2011-06-15 19:22:41 in General
Microsoft, I'm glad that you're thoughtful enough to remember that windows could use an update and all that, but I gotta turn this off, like, right now and it'd be nice if you didn't do it whenever you feel like it without me having a say in the matter.

Comments

• I'm pretty sure you can turn those off.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    My Mac occasionally does this. 'Tis annoying. 
  • I'm pretty sure you can turn those off.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-06-15 22:56:58
    Except that you can't unless you hold the power button until your computer shut off, which isn't recommended.

Also, I hate this with every fiber of my being.
  • I don't know if this works on windows 7 or Vista, but...

Also, turning the updates off to begin with is not recommended, but it isn't really that harmful anyway.
  • I also hate it...
    But what I hate more is when Windows decides to download and install updates by itself when the computer is idle, despite my setting it to only do so on command. AND THEN it goes and reboots the computer by itself, also without permission.....  So I come back from work or wake up in the morning to find that my Torrent which I left downloading hasn't progressed at all because Microsoft thought the Outlook icon should be a different shade of yellow (I don't use Outlook at home), installed this without my permission and then rebooted my computer without my permission.