If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

You know what I hate about blackouts?

edited 2011-06-11 23:38:09 in Meatspace
That they happen. Some transformers blew up and they're happening throughout a bunch of states and specially so in this city. and one just happened to me for nearly 18 hours and could happen again. Boohoo.

You thought this was going to be a joke thread, suckers.

Comments

• $80+ per session
    I think blackouts in some places are fun. School, sleepovers, big cities at night when you are out clubbing. It's liking getting snowed in with friends. A fun inconvenience.
  • ^Except when the looting sets in.
  • edited 2011-06-13 22:00:51
    Loser
    Stormtroper,

I agree with you about blackouts. I think they can be particularly frustrating when you have work to do that requires electricity or when you happen to have a lot of perishable food in your refrigerator/freezer. I have heard that some people use them as an excuse to chug gallons of ice cream, but I do not think that is really a good idea.
  • I'm more bothered by how they keep gallons of ice cream to begin with.

Unless it's a restaurant or something.

I never went through a blackout that lasted over an hour though.
  • Reminds me of when the biggest blackout in american history happened...  while I was on my way to the airport to come home from Canada..... O'course the plane that was supposed to take me home got stuck in Toronto while I was waiting in Nova Scotia... and it was all horribly inconvenient.

I know it would be retarded to think it happened just to personally inconvenience me.... but coincidences like that are once-in-a-lifetime things... really.
  • edited 2011-06-12 12:02:21
    You're better off storing ice, I think. It has a higher specific heat and I heard it has a higher latent heat of fusion. And it's more dense.

Edit: It's also more thermally conductive, which I presume is better unless you're also using it as an insulator.