If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This place just slowed down

edited 2011-02-05 21:20:26 in General
After being a madhouse, too.

Comments

• You can talk to me.
  • edited 2011-02-05 21:24:14
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'm checking for new posts occasionally, but I'm playing an IRC D&D game with the Jammies thread people, so I'm a bit on the busy side.
  • Don't know.

Someone needs to ask conversation-starting, personality probing questions. I have no such questions.

I suppose I could talk about the fire alarm that keeps going off here and stopping me from sleeping.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I've had two fire alarms in the last three weeks in my dorm. One was cooking gone wrong, one was a drill.
  • edited 2011-02-05 21:30:01
    Yeah, the burst of activity the past couple nights was nice, but I knew it wouldn't last.

It's like how on Christmas Eve all you can think about is getting up in the morning to open your presents, even though you know it will all be over in a day. (That's a terrible simile, I know it.)

^ I wish I had a dorm. Actually, I just wish I went to a university instead of a community college. And that I lived in not my parents' basement.
  • I miss Christmas... :(
  • edited 2011-02-05 21:33:32
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Me too. My entire Christmas break went by and I didn't get to see any of my High School friends. I wasted the entire holiday...
  • I miss Christmas too, mainly because I miss having almost a month with no real responsibility, free to sit around and play on TVTropes and watch the same movies I watch year after year.
  • It's called Saturday afternoon, guys.

Actually, the fact we were all posting on Friday afternoon is pretty sad too.
    Yeah, I'm willing to admit to having no life.
  • edited 2011-02-05 21:50:17
    Me too. I'm practically a shut-in at times.
  • HAHA LOOSERS
    I left my room today twice: once to get food, once to use the bathroom.
  • Have you tried streaking?
    No. And I do not wish to.
  • You only live once, man. how about you wear a speedo instead?
    I don't have one. And it's cold.
  • edited 2011-02-05 22:01:27
    Cue-bey
    Cold improves muscle tone.

Actually lets have a low temp battle. What's the thermometer read?
    By "cold," I meant "cold relative to what I'm used to in the South."
  • edited 2011-02-05 22:05:21
    Loser
    I think it is very possible to have a life without going out and partying on Saturday nights.

The whole "I have no life" thing seems a bit silly to me anyway. I mean, being a complete shut-in is probably not a good long-term life plan, but having more introverted interests does not seem that bad to me. After all, people have different tastes. I think never communicating with anyone would be much more worrying than talking on a message board. I mean, I thought people who "had a life" still text messaged people and chatted on facebook. This seems somewhat similar to that from what I can tell.

On the topic of posting on Saturday and Friday nights, I have done it even when I did "have a life" so-to-speak so there is a possibility that some people did something extroverted and then came home afterwords. I know I have done that a good number of times myself (depending on how you define extroverted activity of course).

Plus, some people like doing stuff with buddies or coworkers during the week and then using the weekend to recharge. That seems like a perfectly fine idea to me.

That being said, I may not have a social life, but I guess that comes with being a loser. I do not really care much about that kind of thing though.
    Well, see, I want to talk to people in meatspace, but I tend to be too nervous to do so. That's not good.
  • edited 2011-02-05 22:08:30
    Cue-bey
    Try finding some nerd types. if you're into that.

In reality, I'm just as much of a shut-in as the rest of you.
  • Who on here isn't asocial?

(if Guitar Bizarre were here this would be the point where he shows up and talks about confidence and social retardation or something)
  • Tnophelia?
  • edited 2011-02-05 22:10:59
    Sometimes I just want to lock myself in my house forever and never interact with anyone ever again. But I can't do that, because I'd need some way to restock the fridge. And come to think of it, I'd need a house, too.

(This attitude probably isn't healthy, even if I am only mostly serious.)
  • So yesterday was giddy wonderposting day and today is morose foreveralone.jpg day.

Maybe we're all just bipolar.
    "Try finding some nerd types. if you're into that."

I'm going to the nerdiest school in the South. I have just as much trouble talking to nerds as non-nerds.
  • Looks like you have a problem.

Which is about as helpful as I can be.

have you tried doing drugs?