If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

So my little brother is learning Japanese...

edited 2011-06-11 20:46:59 in General
Morgan Freeman is God
I have this friend who's an exchange student from Japan. He's teaching my little brother how to speak Japanese. The first thing he learns to say in Japanese?

"That's what she said."

facepalm.jpg

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Why is this a bad thing?

Could be worse. He could've learned "kawaii." 
  • edited 2011-06-11 20:48:08
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    DESU?

But yeah he will have to get the context and understand the conversation before he can use it in Japanese anyway, so it is useless on it's own.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
  • Okashite kudasai?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    DYRE NO BAKA
  • Notto disu shitto agen.
  • edited 2011-06-11 20:57:55
    "Pantsu ja nai kara hazukashikunai," is also a very useful sentence to know in Japanese.  Because Strike Witches.
  • I can't imagine the amount of insane troll logic that could apply to that.
  • Apparently, the fact that all the Strike Witches call their panties "zubon" rather than "pantsu" is enough to make them not count as panties, and therefore it's not embarrassing to wear them.
  • ...lolwut

Also nevermind, I can imagine it quite easily, I realized that right after I glanced at my avatar.
  • I'd be more concerned about him trying to learn Japanese. Poor kid.

• What are you talking about he should already know 3/5 of the language given all the Engrish

And maybe another 1/5 if he knows German
  • edited 2011-06-11 21:07:43
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Pantsu ga daisuki!

...DESU
  • So, since this thread might have died and I have a vaguely related complaint (well... related to the derail anyway) that I didn't feel like making a new thread for...

A lot of the time, when someone asks me a yes or no question to which I should answer in the affirmative, my first thought is to say "Hai" rather than "Yes."  This bugs me because I DON'T WANNA BECOME A GRATUITOUSJAPANESE-USER!
  • All of them are totally wearing pants.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    A lot of the time, when someone asks me a yes or no question to which I should answer in the affirmative, my first thought is to say "Hai" rather than "Yes."  This bugs me because I DON'T WANNA BECOME A GRATUITOUSJAPANESE-USER!

Okay, now that you've mentioned that, I have to tell you this story from my trip to Europe a few weeks ago.

So I was in Italy, and I'd learned to say "excuse me" in Italian ("Mi scusi") for use in crowds.

Well, on one occasion, I bumped into someone, said "すみません," then kept walking.

About 20 seconds later, I kind of froze and thought "wait a minute...that wasn't Italian."
  • Actually, I'm pretty sure they even call those pants.