If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Earthbound

edited 2011-02-05 18:22:07 in Media
Kichigai birthday!!
I really want to play this game. I want to see its ending by myself, and I love its silly humor and popculture references.

Problem is,it's a turn-based  RPG.Yeah, one with different gameplay mechanics but a turn-based RPG anyway. And I can't stand this games.

So yeah,I has a sad

Comments

• can i has sad?

because i cant has find it anywheres. I didn't know it was an RPG. or that nintendo even made RPGs.

I suggest you try getting used to RPGs, because that's the only way you will be able to conquer the disappointment of not playing the game.
  • "Yeah, one with different gameplay mechanics"

No, not really.  It pretty much plays exactly like Dragon Quest.
    If you don't like RPG's, then yeah, you won't like it.  Even if you did, actually, you might not like it that much because the gameplay really isn't spectacular, though it does have some nice things that make it less frustrating than a lot of other old RPGs.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    The only thing "different" about the interface is probably due to more western gamers being more familiar with the Final Fantasy style interface, while more Japanese gamers being more familiar with the DQ-style interface.

Apart from that, the big novelty value of the game is the content rather than the interface.
  • DQ as in Dairy Queen?

Wat
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    DQ as in Dragon Quest.
    Though I'm now curious what a Dairy Queen-style RPG would be like.
  • Hmmm...

Looks like me and you are the only ones online again.

Bye until later.
  • I'm here, I just have shit all to say, since I'm a stranger to Earthbound, and already read every thread
    Yeah, and I'm only posting during lulls in the D&D game I'm playing over IRC.

Later.