If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I don't really respect the mods here

edited 2011-06-11 15:22:14 in IJBM meta
Cue-bey
I guess I respect GMH, but I just don't really get a sense of power from any of them, even him. I guess this may have to do with my time on TvTropes, and the fact that I'm less likely to be banned for lolopinions, but I just ain't feeling it at the moment.

We need displays of power, and we need fear.

Comments

• ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ
    inb4 inb4lock
  • edited 2011-06-11 15:15:45
    RE-ANIMATOR
    Uh..... I don't respect moderators as authorities (ever)... but I can respect them as personages...  "Can" being the optimal word there.
    What we really need is more anarchy.
  • This thread could not be more 4srs.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    we need it to be 1984 all up in this shit
  • We have always been at war tvtropes
  • edited 2011-06-11 15:16:59
    ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ
    ^^^^
    *eyebrow raise*
  • ^ *Higher eyebrow raise*
  • ...why do you need fear, exactly?
  • edited 2011-06-11 15:19:52
    You can change. You can.
    Maaaaaan, I don't think I've ever seen such a suicidal thread in my life.

Also, I respect Glenn, Cygan, INUH, Funnyguts and Everest. Longfellow doesn't show up enough. >:P

^I think the term is respect and if your mods aren't respected...well, problems are had.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Yeah, the MODS CAN act responsibly and generously, as they always have.

Why no, nobody edited my post, why do you ask? :P
  • Quit being a whiny bitch and man up.
    Depends on what you mean by respect.
  • edited 2011-06-11 15:26:17
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "We need displays of power, and we need fear. "

ಠ_ಠ

But no, I'm not going to lock this thread just because the OP has an opinion. I can see where he's coming from.
  • I guess I mean respect in that I feel like they might actually do something if I did something toeing the line. When I made my thread criticizing the rules and banning policies on TvTropes, I fully knew that I was running the risk of being banned. I respect the mods as individuals, but in terms of taking action I can't really see it happening. Most of them are too apologetic.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Or too apathetic, in my case. Though I feel like I'm too apologetic as well.
  • You can change. You can.
    I hope Longfellow shows up to lock this thread. That would be funny.

You read my mind, evilneko.
    Shit, is Obama a mod here?!
  • Apathetic mods are the best kind of mods.
  • Does Longfellow even come on here?
  • edited 2011-06-11 15:29:03
    ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ
    Yep, mods that don't care are the best way to run a forum.

Into the fucking ground.
  • "I guess I mean respect in that I feel like they might actually do something if I did something toeing the line. When I made my thread criticizing the rules and banning policies on TvTropes, I fully knew that I was running the risk of being banned. I respect the mods as individuals, but in terms of taking action I can't really see it happening. Most of them are too apologetic."

Agreed. If the mods were more assertive in taking action back in cases like Tnu's constant self-centred drama threads, the ensuing fallout could have been mitigated.

There are nights when I wonder what would happen if I was a mod on TvT; I laugh and rememebr that I'd never accept, then i enjoy my whiskey.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    ^ Stop giving me nightmares.
    People are way too different when they become mods. Ask Bobby G for future reference.
    You wouldn't have anything to worry about, as long as I got a clear definition of the rules from FE, i'd enforce them as is; fuck the spirit of the law.

Nobody would want that from me.
    Honestly, it amuses me when people think that the people they dislike becoming mods is somehow bad as if they'd act the same as when they were users.
  • edited 2011-06-11 15:48:28
    RE-ANIMATOR
    The spirit of the law will never defeat...
    The Ancient Spirits of Evil!

^ Douchebags always become WORSE if given moderator powers. Never better.
    @Juan: People are idiots.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    I got a clear definition of the rules from FE

That's an amusing thought.
    Mum-ra needs to put on some fuckin pants.