If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Going bald

edited 2011-02-05 16:40:47 in Meatspace
Pony Sleuth
Incoming backstory for bonus XP.

So, I'm starting to go bald. I'm only 20, but signs of it were showing back in high school. My older cousin was going through the same thing around that time and was in a pretty low emotional state when it got to the point where he just had to shave his head. I decided I wasn't going to be so vain. So what if I go bald? That stuff happens. Earlier in life for some than others. Besides, I figured I wouldn't look so bad without hair, especially with my awesome beard. So, I turned away options of stuff like Rogaine or whatever. Still, people always assumed this was something I was going to have a problem with and tried to reassure me, and I had to- truthfully- assure people that this wasn't something I was self-conscious or worried about.

Recently I realized that it's starting to get to the point where it's more obvious, and it probably won't be too much longer before it'd look pretty bad without shaving it. I'm reminded of the last two times I went to this Halloween party, there was someone who thought I was some middle-aged creep or a homeless guy. Granted, they were drunk and probably idiots, but I'm starting to second guess my relative apathy about my looks. I'm also thinking about how this is going to be irreversible, and I'm starting to feel a little nervous about it.

I'm not going to mention it to anyone because I don't like the reactions I've already got. So, I thought I'd just post this here.

Comments

• Having more estrogen in your system helps prevent hair falling out.

Perhaps you don't have enough in your body.
  • So, I'm starting to go bald. I'm only 20, but signs of it were showing back in high school.

You must be me. .__.
  • edited 2011-02-05 23:27:10
    Cue-bey
    >mfw all of my relatives have full heads of hair
    http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTc4qd1jNmdGD6uij9cc7RGxA7AXA3ndGGyE7zn7IbYWmiMU9ih&t=1">