If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I just played a three hour game of Uno

edited 2011-06-10 19:16:07 in Meatspace
Has friends besides tanks now
It's such a great game for dicking people over, but it takes so long, and I laughed so much that I felt like throwing up. Oh, and the game ended when we ran out cards to draw from. We could have kept playing. D:

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I thought this was going to be another joke thread.

Also, I prefer playing BS and Chinese Poker. 
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Uno is really the perfect game for hotheaded people, which, I suspect, it's so popular where I live.
  • I thought this was going to be another joke thread.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Chinese Poker (Big 2) is really awesome.

Far more awesome than President (a.k.a. Asshole).
  • Meh. I just spent 12 hours reading manga.
    12 hours I didn't spend playing games on my 360. What the hell is wrong with me?  o_0;

IJBM: How some more involved games take HOURS.

For example, a single game of Age of Empires II can take me over 3 hours.
  • edited 2011-06-10 19:44:27
    RE-ANIMATOR
    Meh. Age of Empires 2 is something I stopped playing years ago.   The only strategy games that could ever enthuse me were the ones made by the lovely folk at Bullfrog before they got sucked into the crushing maw of EA (and then broke off and became Lionhead, sort of).

"Brana Hawk : War and anthrax have spread to this land like fleas to a rat! The region is, thanks to your unstinting efforts, now a major eyesore!"

<3
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    At my school, "playing Uno" became a memetic euphemism for sex.
  • ^  Ours was "Glade Plug-ins" .... 
    In hindsight, associating brand-names with sex isn't the best plan.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^ Reminds me of a funny story.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 8th grade, we were watching "All Quiet on the Western Front" (the inferior 1979 version, unfortunately), and when it got to the scene where the soldiers were being taken to the bedrooms, our teacher assured us that "Don't worry, they're just going to play Uno."
  • What evilneko said.
  • You can change. You can.
    In Colombia, it is. :D
  • Kichigai birthday!!

In Spain we say "playin five vs one"

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Mao > > > > > 

/me gives Super Lazuli a penalty card

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Fact: Mao is basically Calvinball, but in card form.

Additional Fact: Due to the nature of Calvinball, it may just be Calvinball.

• Uno, along with Monopoly, are the games that will end the world. They always bring out the worst in everyone involved, Monopoly moreso than Uno.

You know what I'm talking about.

• edited 2012-11-11 20:57:50
    Has friends besides tanks now

Oh yes, I do, I do. >:D

(We're talking about the board games, right? I don't remember this thread ending with masturbation before nohay rezzed it)

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Mario Party as well.

• edited 2012-11-12 00:32:44
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Super Lazuli gets another penalty card.

FWIW I actually like that game.  Though I've decided to rebrand the version I like to "Deng", because it's a nicer version that explains basic rules and tries not to be a douche to players.

• edited 2012-11-12 01:39:30
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Super Lazuli gets another penalty card.

Aha, Kamoulox!

• edited 2012-11-12 02:39:24
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Also, taking an idea from one of my friends: in Deng, you are encouraged to be creative with coming up with new rules, not for screwing people, but for doing all sorts of interesting things with the gameplay.

• How the hell do you run out of cards to play Uno?  You take everything below the top card on the pile and reshuffle it.

Unless you're saying everyone had to draw...like...everything in the deck and still couldn't play.  Somehow.  I'm not sure that's even possible.

It's mathematically impossible once you've drawn a certain number of cards.  Someone has to have something to play.