If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Sorry, only one account per IP address"

edited 2011-06-10 14:22:36 in Webspace
But you never had any to begin with.
I can't be the only one who sees a major flaw in this plan, right?

(Yes, this is on TVTropes.)

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Nup. Although I'm sucking at logic right now...so...yeah.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It's to keep out the recent spam influx while they find a better way to handle it.
  • edited 2011-06-10 14:24:46
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Is this supposed to be to stop spammers?

^ >:l
    She said there was a flaw in the plan. I'm indeed aware of what is going on and why, though.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    It creates rather big problems when an IP block for a banned user affects a legit user. 
    Also, it may be just me, but I've been able to use my sockpuppets without changing IP addresses...>_>
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    You can switch to sockpuppets, but you can't make new ones.
  • Well I suppose I don't have to be scared of being banned for having too many sockpuppets now...
    Oh, that explains it.

I wanted to make a Sherlock sockpuppet the other day. Couldn't do it. The world was a sadder place. ;_;
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    (hint: use an ip proxy)
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    I hate to think how many IPs my existence has blocked off. Whee, dynamic IP! :<
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Sooo, you got a link?
  • The really, really stupid part is that it assumes there will never be more than one legitimate user on the same IP address.
    (hint: use an ip proxy)

Meh.
  • Is there any way possible to simply ban a computer from editing rather than an internet connection?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    @ninjaclown:Actually, it's pretty simple. All you need to do is determine where the offending computer is, go there and smash it with a sledgehammer.
  • Ahh, the manual method. So satisfying, yet inefficient. I was talking about like just banning a guy's computer from editing, but not necessarily viewing. Is that possible, or only internet connection bans?
  • edited 2011-06-10 15:36:06
    As far as I know, there isn't really any accurate way to identify a particular computer, other than by their IP address.  So... no.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Don't tell Jim Profit somehow got back into tvtropes.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    The really, really stupid part is that it assumes there will never be more than one legitimate user on the same IP address.

This is only a temporary measure, I believe...