If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The part where I whine about how someone is WRONG on the internet.

edited 2011-06-07 10:25:31 in Webspace
I'm not really more than a casual fan of the Tomb Raider franchise--In fact I've only ever owned Anniversary. I think the upcoming title looks pretty interesting and I'll probably end up picking it up.

One thing I haven't really been able to understand is people saying the new game looks like it's ruined Lara in both design and character. The most common complaint I see is about her new look; apparently she looks too "grungy". But that complaint makes little sense to me. Lara's a grizzled archeologist who makes a living getting chased around by prehistoric beasts and fighting wolves and zombies in the jungle. Of course she's not gonna look like a pristine centerfold model, surely? I also think her new design is hotter, no hetero.

Second complaint I've been seeing since the E3 gameplay demo yesterday is that the game turns Lara into a weak-willed little girl instead of the fearless badass she usually is. At least one person compared her to Samus in Other M. But this doesn't seem valid either--First off, this game is set at the very start of Lara's career. She's young and inexperienced so of course she won't be the hardened action girl she is in the rest of the series. Then there's the fact that, in the demo we were shown, she's just been shipwrecked and strung up in a cave among a bunch of corpses (presumably her dead shipmates) and has no idea where she is. In addition to that, she's completely unarmed. Wouldn't anyone be terrified and running for their life in that situation? Doesn't make her any less of a "strong female character" in my book. Hell, I think she's stronger for being ballsy enough to light herself on fire in order to escape the ropes she's tied up in, and pulling a metal bar out of her own stomach. But I guess a female character can't react realistically to stimuli and still be considered strong. :/

... That's it. >_>

Comments