If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"How to Become A Half Mermaid"

edited 2011-02-04 04:59:59 in General
http://www.43things.com/how_i_did_it/view/39254/how-to-become-a-half-mermaid

Unfortunately, this isn't a joke about how a half-mermaid would technically be a human. Or a fish.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Aren't people (well, women) already half-mermaid?
  • I'm a half-mermaid.

[That's right my friends, you heard it here first. I'm a fish tail flopping around next to a keyboard.]
  • I'm half-mermaid, half-minotaur.
  • edited 2011-02-04 14:24:31
    Pony Sleuth
    Remember that thread linking to spells that were being sold on eBay?

Maybe I ought to try that some day. I could probably make better use of the money than the people who would buy them.
  • Jesus Jesus Nester Jesus

I wanna be a succubus. I am 25% complete. Or a lilith demon. Maybe even an abyssal mermaid.
    Mermaid succubus? Sounds good to me.
  • Yes, you know, the cute kind with lantern tendrils who are pale and have glowing lateral lines, with a fleshy purple tail, and volumptuous breasts which don't help me swim but help lure in men to me so I can eat them,
    Ah. See, right up until the bit about the eating, that sounds awesome.
  • Well I don't HAVE to eat them. I could just let them drown...and if i don't want to do that, I can hang out with them at the top of the ocean with them and share a sensual romantic relationship with them.
    See, the first two options don't sound so good, but the third seems fairly acceptable.
  • Don't forget that Abyssal Mermaids live at the bottom of the ocean, as opposed to the top, so this is much more likely, which is why Abyssal Mermaids tend to hook up with Scyllas, Octosapiens, Kuo-toa and Sahagins.
  • edited 2011-02-04 14:37:37
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Scylla, huh? All I remember about her is that she caused my epic poetry teacher to spend 20 awkward minutes lecturing the class about Vagina Dentata in literature and mythology.
  • Well, it's the term I use for female octopus monsters, as opposed to the masculine term Kraken.

So Krakens fuck Scyllas. Kind of like that.

Ah. I see. Sounds like you've got your deep-sea mythological ecosystem figured out pretty well.
  • Well yeah, I used to live in one before I reincarnated to the Godless world.

I wasn't anything special though. Just a visual ghost.
    Visual ghost? Like one that can't interact with objects?
  • Yup. I got to watch everything, and that's about it.
    The main character in the story I'm writing is actually like that.
  • edited 2011-02-04 14:54:57
    Oooo. I was thinking of writing a monster harem webcomic. A cute bishonen boy wanders into the Fantasy Kitchen Sink.
  • edited 2011-02-04 14:58:19
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Heh, mine's nothing like that. It's a visual novel involving the aftermath of a Mass Super Empowering Event with Loads And Loads Of Characters.

Not sure what happened to those potholes, so I zapped them.
  • I want to make a thread about Pseudomythology now...hauuuauuauu~
    Pseudomythology and worldbuilding are fun.
  • edited 2011-02-04 15:03:02
    Very. Like how Anonus loves talking about road signs and colorado, I love talking about monsters and nonhumans. Espers, aliens, dinosaurs, dragons, deepsea civilizations, extinct monsters, baby monsters

AND NURE ONNAS! ^^

They are so much better than regular humans,
    I tried to design a fantasy setting on my own once, but I'd overestimated the scope of the project. That's why my current writing project is that Mass Super Empowering Event setting I mentioned. Easier.
  • Well it's not a blatant japanese anime harem though. It's more of a "all of the monsters he is hanging out with just happen to be female and not ugly looking."
    Sounds interesting.
  • Uuuuuuuuuuu.

Can't think of any non-generic creatures for him to hang out with Catgirls, Centaurs, and any other furry anthro group has been done. I need to deviate into different species now.
    I sort of made up my own when designing my setting. I wonder if I kept the notes on that...
  • Well I don't need to focus on only one area. I can insert mythology and paranormal into it as well. I can get a Wight girl to go after him, a Nephilim angel, an Abyssal Mermaid, a Lilith demon, hmmmm, a Nure-Onna Team Pet could be there too, maybe even a Harpy, and a Scylla!
    I thought the Nephilim were all male, having left heaven for human women.

Unless they were lesbian/bisexual angels...