If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Alan Sokal

edited 2011-06-05 09:58:40 in Philosophy
I just realized I have not made a single thread about the man on this forum.

Fuck him.

Comments

• Let me actually read the paper he wrote and I will get back to you.
  • I was talking about the article for the postmodernist journal. By reading a postmodernist report generator reports, I would miss out on the math jokes in the footnotes.
  • In the 20th century, a fair amount of work has been done formulating Heterotic string theory surrounded by large black holes. We take an asymmetric approach. Remarkably, in recent papers, Dirac found that the solution of non-variable mass models with squarks can be conjectured from Topological String Theory in the presence of an orientifold plane (including a certain notion of Clebsch-Gordon decomposition). We use a BTZ black hole at the Planck scale to classify the unparticle physics/QCD correspondence. Low-scale models are also generalized. While evaluating an U-dual of Heterotic string theory living on a fuzzy Klebanov-Strassler background, we find that, in the Motl-Moore's equation case, studying models of gluons turns out to be equivalent to the QCD/CY_1 correspondence. We will provide more details in a future paper.
  • As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    The thing is... 1. Sokal submitted the paper to a non-peer-reviewed journal. 2. The article is parody, and it's perfectly within the scope of a small, non-peer-reviewed journal like Social Text to publish parody. Sokal never fooled anybody with this, only other physicists who were already preconditioned to believe the humanities are all bullshit.