If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Hanna Is Not A Boy's Name's update frequency

BobBob
edited 2011-06-04 22:51:31 in Webspace
IJBM how there hasn't been a new strip since Valentine's day. I understand that Tessa's pretty busy and whatnot (and I do find all of the people calling her a flake irritating), but the fact that there hasn't been anything from her since is a little unsettling.

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I was upset to :<
  • Pffft. Entitlement issues.
    Webcomics update when they update. It isn't like we're paying for them, so we got no business complaining.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Who's complaining?

I'm upset that there hasn't been any news. What if something has happened to her?
  • Anything below Andrew Hussie levels of diligence is unacceptable.
  • Webcomic artists aren't automatically dead if they miss an update.
    And if they are then good for them.
  • It was once a day for the first few months, then twice a week for the next few, then emotional breakdown, now there's no end in sight.
    There are plenty of other things that could have happened.

She could have broken wrists, a family trauma, laptop broken...

You're kind of missing the point of this thread/these comments.
    I was responding to Soti Coto above you, sorry.
  • So you're saying it might be a suffering-induced non-update?
    That would be unfortunate, but... how does it relate to us?

It does not relate to us. But I do not see how this means I should not be concerned for the well-being of another human being.
  • edited 2011-06-04 23:21:43
    You can change. You can.
    That would be unfortunate, but... how does it relate to us? 

Oh, come on, this whole place is basically about random stuff. why the hell would you be asking that?

^ And that too.
  • Because concern alone doesn't do anything but hurt you. That is why.
    If someone is close to you and suffering, and you can do something about it... then do something about it.
    If they're not... whether through your inability to help, their distance or their being basically a stranger.... then it is best not to think about it at all.
    Really... if it weren't for this, I hate to think what my euthanasia-priority list would look like.
    -sigh-

If you say so. Kindly stop now, please.

Showing concern for other human beings does not intrinsically harm you.

Being unable to help them may cause you anxiety. But some of us, well... Some of us prefer not to close off our hearts to other human beings, thanks.

Kindly go away, now. If you don't like this thread or its' premise, well, don't like, don't read. We have a rule for that.
  • ^Hey, its not like he's just threadshitting.
  • edited 2011-06-04 23:39:23
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    No. But he is telling people that we should not care or show concern for people if we are unable to help people, which is quite offensive to my point of view.

That post was not made with my mod hat on, or I would have bolded the text.
  • edited 2011-06-04 23:44:25
    RE-ANIMATOR
    I'm just following my own policy here.
    What I see is you causing yourself unnecessary suffering.
    I've made the necessary attempt to mitigate it. I'm done. You wanna stew in negative emotions then that is your business.

Good. Please proceed in an orderly fashion to the nearest exit.
  • It does not relate to us. But I do not see how this means I should not be concerned for the well-being of another human being.

With that said, I think Badger dude here should be able to express his views on the matter.