If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Thread about something fandom specific

edited 2011-05-31 22:34:31 in IJBM meta
Pony Sleuth
Oh, I know. How about I make a complaint about something related to this work that I like. I'm sure that less than a majority of the posts will be people derailing the topic to talk about how much they dislike the work.

For fuck's sake, I don't go into loli threads and shit all over your discussion.

Comments

• edited 2011-05-31 22:37:45
    The thread you're talking about isn't fandom specific at all.  It's just "IJBM: Sometimes websites have downtime".
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-31 22:37:47
    ^^I wouldn't particularly mind if you did...
  • edited 2011-05-31 22:38:05

• ^^^Why did half the thread derail into "Oh I don't like MLP and you can't make me like it."? It's something we've been over already.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Because the responses to said comments were antagonistic themselves.
  • While I apologize for the part I played in the thread (didn't really mean for it to be taken seriously), I will say that the fact that we have, like, 5 new pony / loli threads being made a day irk me.
  • Because it needed to derail into something.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    It had no real means of discussion. It had to derail into something, else there'd be no discussion -shrug-
  • edited 2011-05-31 22:43:20
    Context for those uninterested in ponies and/or lolis?

EDIT: Oh, wait, I missed the ponibooru thread.
  • I have no interest in lolis and have nothing to say about them, so I don't go into loli threads. I thought that was just basic courtesy.
    ... Do you even go to this site? Like, at all?
  • edited 2011-05-31 22:47:21
    How is that even a response? Gelzo is not complaining about people criticizing the show, he's complaining about people shitting on a thread about a topic they didn't care about.
  • edited 2011-05-31 22:48:01
    Pony Sleuth
    ^^Fuck it. Maybe I shouldn't.
  • edited 2011-05-31 22:49:14

How is that even a response? Gelzo is not complaining about people criticizing the show, he's complaining about people shitting on a thread about a topic they didn't care about.

People on this site do not exactly have a habit of staying out of threads they do not like. At least, not on the first page of the thread.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^That's not exactly a good thing. Even the rules would appear to indicate so.
  • 1c. It's okay if a thread goes off-topic naturally, but do not derail it intentionally, even if you don't like the topic.

4c. If you don't like a thread, and have nothing meaningful to add to it, don't post in it.

Glenn's words, not mine.
    Yup. Going through and thumping now. I think that's the... second strike against me now. Dammit.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Eh, it's not just you. I think the entire mod team, myself included, needs to think about those rules more. They haven't come up much, even when they needed to.
  • edited 2011-05-31 22:56:36
    You can change. You can.
    That said, I wish that this place didn't turn into a confrotational fandom thing. I mean:

People who like lolicon but hate MLP have no taste anyway, so I certainly don't care what you think. 

Was that even necessary? I don't care for both of them, so why do I have to see pony fans and loli fans hiss at each other like 5 year olds on a playground?
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-31 23:02:47
    I was more put off by the same person that posted that to later start advocating lolis.

I mean, just, what?

DERP
  • I advocated what now?
  • edited 2011-05-31 23:02:06
    You can change. You can.
    ...really? Ninjaclown only posted once in that thread.

And guess who lives up to his name...
  • ...Shit, I mistook you for TMA. Sorry. :<
  • edited 2011-05-31 23:09:28
    No, it's cool.You and me Bob, we bros.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Somepony called?
  • ...No, all I see are some IJBMers. No ponies here. :/
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Would Care Bears be any better?
This discussion has been closed.