If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

That a truely individualist free society may never exist.

Comments

• Minarchism is also unacceptable, as it would collectively restrict my "freedom to kill and be killed" policy.
  • I already left, I'm just making this post to suggest you do the same.
  • ... It is pretty nifty when folks have the option to just... opt out, isn't it? ^_^
  • I'm trying to explain my case here guys ok? What am I doing wrong? also that is kind of crazy Soti.
  • Crazy? You're calling me crazy now?
    Don't you want freedom?
    Don't you understand that true freedom is non-existence? i.e. Death?
    Omnicide is the only path to absolute freedom. 
    Just as we are oppressed by government bodies, so too are we chained and gagged by our own bodies. Everything we are holds us back from true unification through absolute obliteration.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I need to remember when to stop bothering.

Me too.
  • maybe. If it's impossible to have a truly free society. Maybe death is th eonly option.
  • Also, Guys I'm really trying here but I can't see anything more valuable the individual liberty. The right to person and property. What is so insane and radical about that?
  • Death is the best option... Not an easy option. We're trapped in bodies bound to the task of self-preservation (and self-perpetuation for that matter), shackled on rails of pain and suffering.
    But life always loses in the end. There is that silver lining on the clouds. No slavery is forever.

And to your other dilemma... look on the bright side... however "radical" your position, there is no doubting that mine is far more-so... relatively speaking. ^_^
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    You claim the government takes them away.

I claim the government does this to people to violate those rights on others.
  • Freedom without the potential to deprive others of theirs is not freedom at all.
    Personal responsibility dictates that we take charge of guarding our own freedoms once we have them.

• SO censorship? a monopoly on force? mandatory service? Excessive taxation? infringement of property rights? These are all good things?
  • Cygan it seems that you go on the philosiphy that the stat eonly punishes bad people the notion that they always act in the greater good. The notion that not being able to opt out is ok since they are the good guys. how is my ideal any more black and white then that?
  • I'd have to strongly disagree with that Soti freedom is non negotiable no one should take it away from another.
  • Look on the bright side...  when your life is turned to a perpetual hell through the unavoidable crushing force of society... you really begin to appreciate the small things that make things better for a moment.

Have I told you how much I love Blackcurrant Cheesecake? 
    A shame society seems to favour the HERESY of putting strawberries on cheesecake instead. They must be punished for that.

I don't claim they only punish bad people; I claim that is what the government strives for; to punish bad people while helping good people.

Do they achieve this? Not currently- they are only human. But they try.

And with that, I'm out.
  • edited 2011-05-31 04:54:01
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Soti Coto, enough.
  • Tnu...  you might not have noticed, but being forbidden from imposing on the freedom of others is pretty much what we currently have. Enforced freedom is NOT freedom at all.
  • Cygan... you said you left.  =/

• Yeah Soti better do what "The Man" says. Also that comes off as a brand of naive authoritarianism "a government of hte people, for the people, by the people it has our best interests in mind ther eis no way it is seeking personal gain at the expense of anyone else!"
  • *Facepalm*
    That is so obviously the exact opposite of what I was saying.

Look, you want to understand liberty?
    Liberty is where I don't come by your house and chop your arms and legs off because I'm a nice guy. Where I would be perfectly legally allowed to, and if I were a nastier person I might just do it, but I don't do it because ultimately I'm a nice person.
    A world where my potential efforts to go around your house and dismember you are intercepted by many strangers in dark uniform butting into our affairs is probably a world without liberty... at least if such a thing is fixedly forbidden and consistent in its occurrance.

• edited 2011-05-31 05:06:23
    lack of clarity about the authoritarian stance that was a response to Cygan and "The Man" was Cygan. But yeah murder is a pretty insane position dude.+
  • ... Oh. Was Cygan still talking?
    Sorry... even if my point still sorta stands against what you had been saying at some earlier point...

... Where is everyone else? I mean I know they're not here, but it seems like they're not anywhere else on the site either. They've all gone quiet everywhere.

• Yeah it's unsettling but still your position is pretty insane liberty is not just from the state it is form any other individual or collective in essence my right to swing my fist ends where your face begins.
  • So in the absence of external government or policing,  if we ever ended up in opposition, you'd be offering me the first punch?

Thanks! ^_^  ... Nobody has ever done that for me before!

• edited 2011-05-31 05:13:15
    i'm a pacifist man. but in the circumstance in which the firhgt takes place if it is an involuntary fight through you attacking me you would count as an "external force".
  • Well, that would make it all rather boring.  It is no fun when they don't fight back.
    Not that I'm strong or anything. Quite weak as it happens... but I enjoy violence all the same.  
    I find beauty in destruction. In the breaking of that which bonds matter to form and function.

But yeah... I suppose there is no point in beating on someone who won't beat back. I ain't a bully. I don't wanna be The Man.

• He Who Fights Monsters good sir/mam. Also speek,ing of "The Man" I never cough your pronouns.
  • If you want an honouriffic, use "badger"...  At the moment it seems apt.

And speaking of honour, I'd be honoured to be called a monster too, for that matter.  To be those who have realised there is no need to be people any more. And society would call us evil and hate us for it, and all we feel in return is pity...  which draws into question where the greater horror lies.  ^_^

I fight everything that I may become one with everything.

• Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    SotiCoto, Just give up. Leave him to his own madness.