If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Bloody lab assignment and making a newspaper article...

edited 2011-02-01 04:24:09 in Meatspace
No rainbow star
"Oh, this will be easy!"

Cue it being a week later and I'm still stuck on it with it due at 11:00 AM (it is 2:22 AM right now)

>.< Newspaper article on Hydrogen Cyanide and how to not die from it - Y U NO EEZY!?

It looks WAY too formal. And no, I can't make it sensationalist. If I could, then this would be easy (And remember, it can kill you in this little time! So do ANYTHING wrong and you'll ALL DIE! Read tomorrows article for what NOT to do!)

Comments

• Looks like you fell pray to the planning fallacy.
  • No rainbow star
    :(

So, how well do you think I can bullshit something like this?
  • Well, what are the requirements?
  • edited 2011-02-01 05:12:32
    No rainbow star
    Your Writing Assignment
    Using the information sources you identified, write a report for the local newspaper to inform the citizens of your community of the possible hazards and the precautions and remedies that will be taken should there be a problem.  Citizens are concerned about the activities going on in the plant in the town; many of them work at or have family working at the plant.  Your report must be 300-500 words in length and must properly convey the scientific and technical information to the target audience.  Not everyone has a chemistry degree, but the local high-school is tops in the nation for science education. 

Your report must include an APA-style list of references.

You must hand in your written report at the beginning of your next regular lab session.  Each student must write and hand in his/her own individual report.
  • Sounds like a retarded busywork assignment... anyways, doesn't seem that hard to bullshit. You already have the sources, right? Just skim them and anytime you see something that could fit, throw it into the paper with a reference.
  • edited 2011-02-01 05:39:21
    No rainbow star
    Well, I bullshitted something. Still doesn't read like a newspaper though =/

And I think it is mostly to test our understanding of APA. Which... Is kind of defeated when we are given stuff that we can practically copy paste into the APA (we aren't even supposed to do in text quotations)

EDIT: Shit, I need to use THREE sources. I only used two. >.> And the university wants to be stupid and forbid me access from the damn articles, so I can't use what I have

EDIT 2: ...Would you happen to know how to reference a PDF?

EDIT 3: Ok, now all I can do is hand it in and pray that I didn't screw up TOO badly