If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The nature of snowclones

BobBob
edited 2011-05-28 20:10:34 in IJBM meta
Are we going to have an assload of confession threads now? That would make me sad. :,<

(Aaaaaaand now a bunch of people are going to do just that to spite me. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-)

Comments

• edited 2011-05-28 20:51:33

This reminds me of something: you know how the Old Folk's Home subforum on TV Tropes got started?

A minor snowcloning fad. Within the same hour as a few snowclones coming up in Yack Fest, the new subforum was created, solely in response to a trend that probably would've run its course within an hour or so.

• Does this mean that one can argue that the Old Folk's Home is, itself, a snowclone?
  • edited 2011-05-28 20:55:58

I don't know, but I can do this:

• ...Jeez, it was just a joke, dude. :<

• This reminds me of something: you know how the Old Folk's Home subforum on TV Tropes got started?

A
    minor snowcloning fad. Within the same hour as a few snowclones coming
    up in Yack Fest, the new subforum was created, solely in response to a
    trend that probably would've run its course within an hour or so.

Are you, by any chance, mad?
  • edited 2011-05-28 20:59:11

^^ I meant that in response to OFH's very existence and everything it represents about TV Tropes's administration, not your post.

^ I'm not mad, I'm just...disappointed.

• I know, hence the strikethru. :P
  • and everything it represents about TV Tropes's administration, not your post.
    That the admins are 50somethings that show preference for people in their age-gap?
  • That the admins are crotchety old bitches?
  • Well sure, but I meant more that they're thin-skinned and easy to panic.
  • So does that mean someone can have it deleted to due being a snowclone, kind of?
  • Their heads might asplode if you bring that up with them.
  • Sweet! :D

Later guys, I've got work to do!