If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer"

edited 2011-01-30 21:41:21 in General
If it's Affirmative Action, it's not Equal Opportunity because you're actively and affirmatively giving preference to someone.  Make up your mind idiot company.

Comments

• Maybe they mean they're either one or the other.
  • Dude, it's word choice in politics. It never makes any sense at face value, only when you see it as an attempt to manipulate perception. Read George Orwell.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    Oh god, this topic again?

We didn't learn anything from IJBM-1's deletion did we?
  • I learned not to make topics about Islam... SPECIALLY not about how the Muslims are taking over.
  • Maybe the reasoning is that the opportunities get balanced out with affirmative action in play.
  • Gelzo, you do realize you are opening up the doors for a full blown affirmative action debate, right? Just checking, because the next person will invariably post a rebuttal of why that is not the case, whether you only meant it as a hypothetical or not.
  • I don't care enough about the issue to spark a debate, I was just offering that as a guess about what the logic behind what was brought up in the OP could be.
  • Im at the Pizza Hut
  • edited 2011-01-31 13:29:43
    I'm at the Taco Bell!

Really though, this wasn't intended to be a debate about Affirmative Action being good or bad, just about idiotic and self-contradictory buzzwordry.
  • But a debate about affirmative action could be fun!
  • Well, then, make a thread for that, if you like. I think we are a bit short in serious discussions anyways.
  • Might as well use this thread for that if we want to have that discussion. It's not like there's too much to discuss otherwise, and it's hardly off topic.