If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I'm too lazy to get involved in serious debates

edited 2011-05-24 21:42:02 in Webspace
~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
I feel like I've gotten 100% and have no reason to join in ever.

I just see these threads and go "Oh look, one of THOSE threads; I'll just pretend it isn't there and hope it goes away".

Comments

• edited 2011-05-24 21:43:30
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I'm too lazy

I have this problem in general.

• Depends on what you consider "serious" and how you're defining "lazy".
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    As am I, Anonym. As am I. 
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    My debating skills, in a nutshell:

> Find a debate I'm interested in.
    > Decide "hey, I should actually pitch my two cents in."
    > Think up detailed response to discussion.
    > Reconsider.
    > Decide "...yeah, nevermind." Back out of discussion, before I've even entered.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Depends on what you consider "serious" and how you're defining "lazy".

Abortion threads, sexuality threads, religion threads, threads dealing in people's personal problems - that sort of thing.
  • What Cygan said.

(Only, you know, for me, not her)
  • edited 2011-05-24 21:54:03
    Loser
    Blueeyedrat,
    My debating skills, in a nutshell:

> Find a debate I'm interested in.
    > Decide "hey, I should actually pitch my two cents in."
    > Think up detailed response to discussion.
    > Reconsider.
    > Decide "...yeah, nevermind." Back out of discussion, before I've even entered.

Well, I think that is preferable to entering a debate only to surrender and try to exit soon afterward. I think there is a lot good to be said about picking your battles wisely. Plus, I feel like there are plenty of times when debating something probably will only cause unneeded conflict without any kind of net gain anyway.

Personally, I prefer discussions to debates anyway. I would rather not have to argue with people unless I have to do so. I like finding places where our perspectives converge a lot of better than emphasizing places where they do not match up at all.
  • I imagine if everyone were that "lazy", this forum would be a much more pleasant place.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    There are very few worthwhile debates on here, only when Khwar posts.
  • edited 2011-05-25 01:29:55
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    THUMP
  • You can change. You can.
    I don't think that was necessary, Cygan.
  • edited 2011-05-25 01:23:17
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    No. I mean that there are very few worthwhile debates on here, and only when Khwar posts do they seem to get some form of base.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I see. I misinterpreted that.

@ Juan- Probably, and I'll get yelled at for it soon. But if Vorpy wanted to post a post like that, I reserve the right to post like that right back.
  • edited 2011-05-25 01:27:31
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I'll bite my lip for now and turn away since pussying out against Cygan is better than being banned for X.
  • ^^^^^Harsh.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I can't ban people. You're safe on that front.

That said, I apologize, as I told you over private messages. I am sorry for my rudeness. I retract my earlier posts.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Yeah but the word of a shitposter has no value against the word of a mod ya know? It'd be easy to nuke me from existence with just a few examples.
    I am running my actions past the other moderators before I do anything, either. So unless they agree you deserve a ban, you're safe.
  • You can change. You can.
    Yeah but the word of a shitposter has no value against the word of a mod 

Depends on the mod and the shitposter...
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    I know this very well, although it's not actually laziness. I often feel that I can't really join in a debate because... Well, I think I'm not made for debates. I'm not really sure how to do it and often don't really know what to say. Often, I just state my opinion and go away.