If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Are you kidding me? I could do better in MSPaint"

edited 2011-01-27 22:25:45 in General
Stock response to any new logo design which isn't elaborate/overly-complicated.

(Admittedly, I used to be of this belief, a few years ago, but not anymore)

Comments

• edited 2011-01-27 22:41:31
    Now, to drive the point home, enjoy some terrible logos I "designed" in my free time.

(Some of you may recognize the Circle 5 Convenience Stores logo. That's because I'm lazy and reused the SVG for the original WFJH logo.)

• Bridgevale one needz moar swooshes.
  • Have you tried making it spin?
  • I wonder how you make swooshes in Inkscape...What? If I'm making suckish logos I might as well hit every cliche!

And for some reason, I used Microsoft Sans Serif for "SUPERMARKETS" in that one. Not sure what I was thinking there.
  • Swooshes are old hat. Shooshes are the new paps.
  • In reference to, like, bad fanart, I think it's fair game. I HAVE done better in MSPaint.
  • edited 2011-01-28 18:00:22
    Well, to go back to the original topic for a second (it was sort-of about the reaction to the new NBCUniversal logo, roundly despised by non-designers for not being fancy enough), I think the reaction to it is partly because of the sheer ballyhoo of it.

Also, this is very shameful. Also why do they assume the blue block is part of the logo proper?
  • Wait, what?

This thing is just a blue block with a bunch of letters in the middle.

(facepalm) Does the concept of "wordmark" mean nothing to you people?

(Also, that's not what I would call "blue".)
  • edited 2011-01-28 20:26:51
    Of course it doesn't, it needs a symbol or else it's a failure.

(Though Facebook uses a modified Klavika for its logo and nobody complains about that, perhaps people are up in arms about the brand recognition of the Peacock being chucked out)