If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Guys: What do you think of a girl who plays video games?

edited 2011-05-23 01:48:34 in Meatspace
☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
I know it sounds like a dumb question but I'm kinda curious. Most of my girl friends play casual games for the wii ( like just dance, etc.) but when I briefly mention some hardcore games that I don't mind playing ( like call of duty and dragon age) they're really not that interested. I know some girls out there would be but this is coming from a girly girl cheerleader who enjoys every now and then to mindless waste hours with a controller. So my question is, is a girl who enjoys video games attractive or a turn off? Should a girlfriend just be the the girlfriend or a "guy friend" as well?

Comments

• ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    She instantly becomes approximately %5*n more attractive, n being the number of video games she plays.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I play around 30 or so. All at once sometimes too.
  • They're somethin' else.
    THIRTY GAEMS! ALL AT ONCE! ALL FOR YOU!
  • Since most girls I know are at least some form of gamer, it's lost a lot of its geeky turn-on, which is a good thing. Shared hobbies are all fine and dandy, but less important than character and stuff.
  • Whether they like video games is less important than their attitude towards them. If they either badmouth games or won't stop fangirling over the bishie characters, I'm going to be annoyed. If they feel special and ply for attention for being a girl that plays games, I'm going to be annoyed. If they suck at video games, I'm going to be amused, but it's not something that's going to get on my nerves so much as a disappointment.

If I got to pick what kind of attitudes a hypothetical girlfriend of mine had, I'd want her to be sort of mellow about video games and at least be willing to try a few out for multiplayer. Whether she enjoyed playing single player games isn't a huge concern, I guess.
  • edited 2011-05-23 10:06:07
    I know a few girls who exploit their status as a "gamer girl" to get attention from guys, who in turn will defend her no matter what they say or do. Those people are irritating.

But no, I usually don't care about girls who play video games.

Oh, and don't ask 4chan this. Mention the fact that you play videogames and you're a girl (or reveal yourself to be a girl in any way) and they accuse you of being a "GAMER GUUUUUURL DON'T HIT ON ME SILLY BOYS XD" who just wants attention, and anyone pointing out how ridiculous they're being of being a "white knight". I'm sure this mentality exists elsewhere, too. There are people who are so tired of "gamer gurls" and people who defend them that they overreact and become mysogynistic towards every woman who plays video games.
  • edited 2011-05-23 04:58:31
    Pony Sleuth
    Well, why would you mention your sex in a discussion about video games if you weren't seeking attention? I wouldn't bring up the fact that I was a man on a knitting forum or something unless asked or there was a thread where it was relevant.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Nothing? What should I think of it?
  • I'd only date gamer girls at all. I'm not settling for anything less than perfection.
  • Perfection? There are plenty of gamer girls in animanga. So many waifus to choose from!
  • I don't really care unless a non-player would consider it inferior to them.
  • Glaives are better.
    It depends.

For instance, I've got a female friend who plays video games, and I think I like her more because we have something in common.

If it's an unlikeable girl, though, who tries to milk it for attention, that makes it even worse. It's like if you were shopping for groceries, and right the fuck out of nowhere comes this fat, neckbearded asshole who yells "I'M A MALE COOK! DON'T HIT ON ME, SILLY GIRLS! I CAN BEAT YOUR ASSES AT COOKING RAMEN! CAN I HAVE FREE STUFF?"

Can't you see how that'd be annoying?
  • edited 2011-05-23 09:32:35
    It'd at least be good to have some common interests with her.
  • Gaming is so broad, you can have fun ribbing on each other's tastes anyway.
  • edited 2011-05-23 09:54:25

Meh. That's only one aspect of a person.

Though if that person was interested in Rune Factory or BIT.TRIP, that might perk my interest by itself.

• Sort of how I met my girlfriend actually. She mentioned Rd v. Blue and how she was an X-box player and most of my friends were all PS2 People (I was The One Guy)
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    I instantly wonder if I could talk her into playing Secret of Mana with me.

Best cooperative game ever.