If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am considering using Internet Explorer again

edited 2011-05-23 00:41:48 in Webspace
No rainbow star
Just... Firefox has major memory leaks to the point that it will bring my computer to its knees and Chrome has SERIOUS issues with how it handles the tabs (I keep enough open that it leads to a case of, "I'D LIKE TO SEE WHAT TAB I AM FUCKING CLICKING ON! HAVE YOU HEARD OF ALLOWING PEOPLE TO SCROLL!?")

Only one left to try is Safari. Bet that one is a bust as well >.>

Comments

• BobBob
    edited 2011-05-23 00:42:42
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
  • Don't do it man! It's not worth it!
  • There's also Opera.
  • You can change. You can.
    No, Poniboy, Opera is only for neeeeeeeerds.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
  • Firefox has memory leaks? You mean like forgetting history and bookmarks, because that pisses me off too.
  • Memory leaks as in not properly freeing up RAM when it doesn't need to be using it anymore.  So it uses up more and more memory the longer you use it for, which will lower performance after a while.
  • Why not Chrome?
  • You can change. You can.
    Chrome has SERIOUS issues with how it handles the tabs (I keep enough open that it leads to a case of, "I'D LIKE TO SEE WHAT TAB I AM FUCKING CLICKING ON! HAVE YOU HEARD OF ALLOWING PEOPLE TO SCROLL!?")

[Kinda idiotic, but that's the reason he gave...]
  • Oh, I missed that part.

Oops.
  • You could always just put the excess tabs in a new window. >_>

Though it has this annoying as hell habit of not saving your browser session if it crashes in specific ways.

Also for some reason if you have too many windows with too many tabs open it will hide some of them and not do shit to try to notify you of this, so until you get used to it it's easy to go all "...where the hell did my other tabs go?"
  • edited 2011-05-23 10:26:51
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    No, Poniboy, Opera is only for neeeeeeeerds.

I take offense to that. Although, since a while I use Firefox for TV Tropes. Since then, I barely use Opera anymore.

I think, I'm too much on TV Tropes...
  • No rainbow star
    Guys, if I did that with Chrome, I'd need 10-20 windows

I routinely have 40-80 tabs in each of my three windows open

And Safari was a bust. Can't handle how many tabs I load at once

Well, Opera was mentioned, so I guess that will be next
  • Child of Darkness
    Past a certain point, the answer is "So don't keep so goddamn many tabs open!", though.

I keep at least 3 windows open with about 4-10 tabs in each, and certain sites only live in certain places.