If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Windows Update

edited 2011-01-26 06:05:42 in General
(void)
Thanks to you, it took TWO FUCKING HOURS to restart my computer.

Comments

• The fucking warning to restart that keeps popping up without an option to disable is annoying as hell.
  • Yeah, that's kinda annoying, but what annoys me is that you have to restart at all.

In Linux, you only have to restart if you are doing a kernel upgrade--and it's probably possible to create a microkernel such that you don't even have to restart for most of those.

In Windows, on the other hand, it sometimes has to restart multiple times in order to install updates.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    It is time, to stand up and say:
    We get to choose
    We get to choose
    It's one of the two:
    liberty, or tyranny
  • edited 2011-01-26 18:09:59
    You know what makes it worse? In Vista/7, the little nag-box has options to postpone the restart for 10 minutes, 1 hour, or 4 hours, but not a "till I say so" option.
  • I know that updating fast is important, specially with the weak security that Windows has, but god damn it. Choice, motherfuckers, do you give it?
  • edited 2011-01-27 02:11:33
    To Microsoft's credit, they at least got rid of the "you didn't answer in time, so you must want to restart right exactly now!" behavior. Now, when whatever time you choose expires, it just pops up to nag you again.
  • Man, I can't even remember the last time this thing updated.