If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Fox fall schedule

edited 2011-05-18 01:19:45 in Media
As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
Look at this monstrosity. It's more than a little ridiculous when the most appealing thing on a major network fall schedule is a show about people travelling back in time to live with dinosaurs or something. Seriously, what is wrong with Fox? I realise network programming is by and large terrible, and Fox is especially terrible in that they either kill good shows (Firefly) or slowly drain any good from them (House), but this is just ridiculous. I've been pawing through the list of new Fox shows.

• The X Factor: Will America get over its obsession with people singing poorly?
  • I Hate my Teenage Daughter: John Ritter had to die for us to realise how horribly stale this is as a sitcom premise. Did he die in vain?
  • The New Girl: Seriously, who thought a network comedy aimed at the people who watched 500 Days of Summer is a good idea? Do we really need a ham-fisted, stunt-cast, reset-buttoned network show to feature Zoe Deschanel as a manic pixie dream girl?
  • Terra Nova: Isn't this basically one of those 'homestead' Western shows with time travel and raptors? And isn't it going to be some terrible, sanitized 'family' show with no continuity and a dinosaur-of-the-week structure? I would hope René Echevarria can do better, but still.
  • The Finder: Ah, that Bones spinoff that exactly nobody was calling for.
  • Alcatraz: Read the press release blurb for that thing. Just read it. JJ Abrams has obviously started asking the Family Guy manatees to write his pitches for him.
  • Touch: Ah, wonderful. A whole network drama dedicated to quantum woo-woo Oprah bullshit about how we're all connected, complete with an autistic child and Kiefer Sutherland trying to REACH his KID rather than TORTURE some TERRORISTS.
  • Allen Gregory: That animated Jonah Hill vehicle exactly nobody was calling for.
  • Napoleon Dynamite: Who pitched this, and why didn't he fix his time portal to 2005 first?

Comments

• Needs more pony.

Of course the same could be said for anything.
  • Surely there's better stuff to do than watch TV. Or spoof a British IP and watch BBC instead.
  • An International Version of the iPlayer is supposed to be launching for people overseas who want to watch BBC stuff. I can't remember if it's going to be subscription based or a one off fee but either way it is coming. 
  • Jesus fucking christ.

Calm the fuck down. U MAD?

Nerds always RAEG at the most insigificant things.
  • Dude, he isn't even mad. Exasperated, maybe.

Also, why would thy make a Napoleon Dynamite series?
  • edited 2011-05-18 09:10:59
    Pony Sleuth
    ^^You're really not the kind of person who should be dismissing others for being overly emotional nerds.
  • Now if only if all the money used in making those shitty shows was poured into my favorite anime they would be longer than 12 episodes

Disclaimer:Not all of the anime I consider my favorites are 12 episodes.
  • At least Fringe got renewed.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    FOX will never make me happy, ever. : /

It's a dead channel.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    At least Fringe got renewed.

• edited 2011-05-18 13:09:33
    Now if only if all the money used in making those shitty shows was poured into my favorite anime they would be longer than 12 episodes

Granted, but only 12 of the episodes wouldn't be pointless filler.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    FOX will never make me happy, ever.

Fringe, therefore your argument is invalid.
    :P
  • As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    Meh, Fringe. I never got the appeal of that. Really, the only new show announcement this upfronts week that I was even remotely excited about is Dave Foley's new job.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > Needs more pony.  Of course the same could be said for anything.

YOUR WORDS ARE AS EMPTY AS YOUR FANDOM.  THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY ILL NEEDS A SHOW SUCH AS YOURS!
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    :(
  • >FANDOM

>EMPTY