If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Diplomacy isn't a viable strategy in Fallout 3

edited 2011-05-14 13:15:36 in Meatspace
Cue-bey
I'm starting to think all those points I poured into Speech were a waste.

Comments

• edited 2011-05-14 13:17:09
    Try Fallout 1 and 2. There, playing the game entirely through diplomacy is actually a viable option.
  • Yeah, smooth-talking my past everything in Fallout 1 was just amazing. Actually getting to just talk to super mutants was great.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Fallout 3 uses speech for very few things, and in some cases, you could use other skills to bypass stuff, like science to shutdown John Henry Eden.
  • edited 2011-05-14 15:31:50
    Pony Sleuth
    It's always kind of disappointing when there are ostensibly more ways to problem solve in a game besides violence, but they're almost always impractical.

I tried a pacifist run in Fallout 3 once before I knew much about the game. That sure as hell didn't last long.
  • I think it's possible to do so in new vegas if you already know where to go. 
  • Kids these days don't want diplomacy, they want headshots.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    You still need to buff up to fight the critters and the always chaotic evil morons.
  • ....Why exactly did my thread spawn snowclones? What could possibly be snowclone-y about it?
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    ^

• Poot dispenser here
    Try New Vegas?
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    ^ I don't think Cazadors do diplomacy. Or deathclaws.
  • edited 2011-05-14 18:15:12
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    In 3 you could kill a deathclaw with a wimpy character, using the dart gun, the Courier seems to be less creative than the Lone Wanderer, and as such cannot build that weapon. Or anything like it anyway.