If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Dear Vevo, Let me start by sayin get your corporate asses off youtube!"

edited 2011-01-23 16:51:47 in General

"Dear Vevo, Let me start by sayin get your corporate asses off youtube! Ever since these big companies started paying off youtube so they could post their friggin videos we can't post ours. We are flagged for infringement evry time we include a song we like in our videos.

This is YOUtube, the place where we can post OUR videos. If we wanted to listen to music from you wed go to your damn website.

To people who want greedy corporates gone thumbs up and copy and paste @ vevo shit"

I hate seeing this comment every time I try to watch a music video on youtube.

Comments

• To continue from over there, I think one of the reasons people hate Vevo is the ads they put on the video. With people considering YouTube an escape from the forced advertising on TV, it's no wonder.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I don't even watch the video.

Suckers.
  • I think Adblock Plus blocks the video advertisements. Awesome!
  • Yes, well most YouTube commenters aren't very bright, you expect them to be resourceful?
  • Mistake #1: Reading YouTube comments.
  • Yo Vevo, Imma let you finish...
  • «We are flagged for infringement evry time we include a song we like in our videos.»
    What's funny is that VEVO is pretty much the reason you can now put songs in your videos and not get them taken off.
  • edited 2011-01-24 10:57:03
    Cue-bey
    This is YOUtube, the place where we can post OUR videos

How exactly is copyrighted music theirs?
  • It means ONLY Vevo can ever post music, and lock out people who were previously able to see the videos.

Like me.
  • ^ Are Vevo videos region locked?
  • I never got why so many people consider it a fundamental right to take and misuse the content of others.

Ah well, Youtube.
  • ^^Absolutely. Other companies like WMG lock some too.
  • "I never got why so many people consider it a fundamental right to take and misuse the content of others."

I never got why so many people consider it a fundamental right to "own" media that they happen to create and prevent other people from doing what they want with it.
  • Because capitalist society. Now shut up, or go rebel against the bourgeoisie hedonist pigs.
  • edited 2011-01-24 19:51:46
    I'm on it!

*loads up 4shared for more downloads*

Not that I think a government enforced monopoly is much in the spirit of laissez-faire, anyways.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    News flash: There was no free market anyway; there was only a market, and it happens to use whatever rules people are willing to follow.  Sometimes on pain of shame, property confiscation, or bodily injury.