If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

PETA

edited 2011-05-13 19:31:10 in Meatspace
When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
Why are they? I mean, going against animal cruelty is good and all, but what the fuck has to posses you to think comparing slaughterhouses to the Holocaust was a good idea? Or handing out pamphlets telling little kids that their parents are murderers?

Comments

• edited 2011-05-13 19:33:30

Aside from giving animal rights a bad name, I find their antics amusing. Especially when they got trolled by the creators of Super Meat Boy.

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    That was great, yes.

Though they couldn't be worse than ALF. 
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Sea kittens has to be a low point.
    Actually, I found that one hilarious. 

Their low point would be this:

PETA's "It's still going on" campaign features newspaper ads comparing widely-publicized murder-cannibalization cases to the deaths of animals in slaughterhouses. The campaign has attracted significant media attention, controversy and generated angry responses from the victims' family members. Ads were released in 1991 describing the deaths of the victims of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer, in 2002 describing the deaths of the victims of serial killer Robert William Pickton,[35] and in 2008 describing the murder of Tim McLean.[36] In several cases, newspapers have refused to run the ads.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I can so see the similarities!
  • Someone actually sicced PETA on my school when a goldfish was accidently killed in a lab experiment.
    Well, it's your school's fault for daring to attempt hands-on skills and real-life application of technologies. Those smug bastards need to get back to book learning, stat. 
  • Glaives are better.
    The fact that they kill over 90% of the animals they're entrusted with makes them arguably worse than the entire meat industry. At least with the meat industry, they're putting animals to good use, and helping humanity. PETA does jack shit for animals.
  • edited 2011-05-13 20:35:44

^^ -headscratch-

Kinda seems like you're jumping to conclusions there, GL.

Sarcasm is sarcastic. 
  • edited 2011-05-13 20:43:49

That doesn't change the message the sarcasm was designed to communicate.

Anyway, I hate PETA on two levels: one, they've directly endorsed terrorism in the past, with significant ties to known arsonists like Rodney Coronado. Two, their entire public image is so painfully smug and hyperbolic that, whenever I see one of their ads, my raging bile duct wants to claw its way out of my throat and kill me for ever laying eyes on it.

• ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    "Why are they? I mean, going against animal cruelty is good and all, but
    what the fuck has to posses you to think comparing slaughterhouses to
    the Holocaust was a good idea? Or handing out pamphlets telling little
    kids that their parents are murderers?"

I'm just going to stop everything right here. They are being HONEST about what they believe, and are acting accordingly. Specifically, they believe that animals suffer at least partially to the same extent as we do, and want to stop this suffering because it weighs on their heart. It may seem a little silly, given that animals suffer all the time in the wild, but is it really? Can you really back yourself up with "a million is a statistic"?

Such is the dilemma of PETA, and I sympathize with their plight. I definitely do not agree with them about the nature of things, but they firmly believe in something noble, which surely counts for something.

Unfortunately, much of their radicalism and foolishness have led them down a road in which they are mercilessly mocked.
    I cannot help but wonder why such a simple idea as reducing the suffering of animals continues leading to stuff like endorsement for terrorism. Such is life, I suppose. Perhaps we only see the vocal minority.
  • >They are being HONEST about what they believe, and are acting accordingly.

Since when was honesty the same as hyperbole and radicalism?

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I am part of PETA, the good branch, not the fucked up "euthanize everything humans have touched kill dog breeders free chickens from captivity by burning them sea kittens 4 ever" kind of PETA person.

I just rescue Guppies from shitty WalMart aquariums and sell them to Petco.
  • Yeah, those aquariums really were shitty. The fish often looked quite unhealthy.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    "Since when was honesty the same as hyperbole and radicalism?"

It's not, though I should have stated "speaking accordingly" instead. Namely I was referring to how PETA refers to things like slaughterhouses as like unto the holocaust.