If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My alcohol tolerance for spirits/liquers is really low.

edited 2011-05-13 17:46:49 in Meatspace
I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
I've had half a bottle of bland name southern comfort, and I'm really feeling quite drunk.

I'm quite sure I drink more than this in ale without the same effects.

Comments

• Glaives are better.
    Step 1: Gain weight
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit

OPTIONAL

Step 1: Be of European descent
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I've got some optional, from my grandparents but I'm not sure it's filtered down.
  • Have you compared the alcohol percentages? Factors like drinking on an empty stomach can also weigh in.
    Yeah by far the % is a lot higher, haha oops.

Oh well. I've waitied like 15 mins I'm feeling a bit better, some more.
  • Ian: Of course it is lower one is more boozy then the rest.  But is it ever so good to drink and get a bit snookered.
    Well I'm definitely going to end up really very very drunk tomorrow as it is a birthday night out for a friend, and the invite involved pre drinking (like in the good old student days) before town.

Yeah.
  • Straight liquors tend to be in the 40% alc by volume range.  Beer/wine/mixed drinks tend to be in the 5-10% range.  This changes for special liquors.
  • edited 2011-05-16 06:44:15
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Yeah I think after feeling drunk was the best time to try and pay attention to/work out 40% based stuff.
  • Well, if you're shooting for speed, I'd recommend something higher, like 151 rum (75%) or something like Everclear (~97%).