If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Do I have the will to get through some games?

edited 2011-05-13 09:13:02 in Media
To be or not to be? That is the question.
I own a LOT of video games as of right now, but most of the time, I haven't gotten through most of them. Sometimes, I just... Don't have the will to get through them anymore. I tried to play some games that I have, but I don't have the will to play them anymore after a while. Oh sure, I played a lot of Acceleration of Suguri, Crimzon Clover, Knights in the Nightmare, and Armored Core 3, but I just lost the will to play them again.

I really need help. I want to have the will to play and beat the video games I have.

Comments

• Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Pick one. Play that, and only that, within your allotted game time.

• I get this a lot. My ADHD makes it hard to focus on one thing at a time.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    I don't focus easily too, but when I do... it's smooth sailing.
  • My focusing problems are more actually sitting down long enough to actually start the game. Once I do, I tend to get engrossed very quickly.
  • To be or not to be? That is the question.
    Focusing problems are a major factor, since there are a lot of interesting games out there, that I have to get the new game, get addicted, and then get worn out. And then the cycle repeats itself over and over again for me.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I don't worry about this for games, since games don't matter.

I do have several games I've put down and haven't picked up for quite a while now.  I actually think back through the last then-current details every so often, in case I want to pick up the game again.
  • They're somethin' else.
    This always happens to me when I buy several past gen RPGs. And well, I've got a whole backlog to clear out.

And Persona 4 to beat because I borrowed it from a friend. It's already been a year.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    I know this too well. I probably won't beat even half of all my games and not (just) because some are too hard.
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    I have this sometimes. Often, it just takes sheer determination and telling your mind "no, fuck you. I'm playing this and I'm beating it, and if you don't like it you can fuck off."

I argue with my brain a lot, but you know what? I always win. Both the argument, and the game.

(If you need a confidence boost before arguing with the organ that controls everything, find some hydrocodone and take it. Be sure to eat first though).
  • Glaives are better.
    My list of things to finish (in no particular order):

Deus Ex
    Deus Ex 2
    Painkiller: Black Edition
    Star Wars: Dark Forces
    Star Wars: Dark Forces 2
    Star Wars: Mysteries of the Sith
    F.E.A.R
    F.E.A.R 2
    Dragon Age Origins - Awakening
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
    Heroes of Might and Magic
    Heroes of Might and Magic 2
    BioShock
    BioShock 2
    Ultima 1: First Age of Darkness
    Ultima Underworld
    Age of Empires III
    Fallout: New Vegas

And I'm only really working on the last one.
  • edited 2011-05-13 17:52:39
    My problem is that I have so many games that I get bored of them all within 30 seconds of starting them.
  • edited 2011-05-13 18:26:45

This is why I usually focus on a few games at a time, even one sometimes. I like to get as much as I can out of a game, as I'm not just satisfied with finishing it, but I also want to master it. I've been playing Bit.Trip consistently for months to try and get perfects.

It's also the reason I prefer shorter games: because they're more inviting to replay.

• edited 2011-05-13 21:04:42
    To be or not to be? That is the question.
    I agree with you, Abyss_Worm. Shoot Em Ups are an example of shorter games that has a lot of replay value (Scoring, Memorization, the fact that Shoot Em Ups are hard, etc.), and that is the reason when I keep on playing them instead of other games.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I need to finish:

* Disgaea 2's Bonus Shit (Baal must die and so must Prier)
    * Disgaea 1's Bonus Shit (Majorly and Prier must die)
    * Play Disgaea 3
    * Actually kill Yiazmat and not go "This is a fight best saved for later" and then lose my memory card and the 145 hours I spent collecting Tournesol, two Zodiac Spears and killing the Level 99 Red Chocobo.
    * Kill Ruby and Emerald Weapon without using KotR or 7777 on FFVII.
    * Complete the FUCK out of FFII and FFI Dawn of Souls.
    * Buy Dragon Quest 9 and enjoy it