If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Widescreen computer monitors

edited 2011-01-23 03:16:57 in General
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
They suck.  Why can't people make screens in regular dimensions, like they used to?  Then every screen would have regular, simple dimensions of 4:3, and it'd be so much easier to find wallpapers, and you'd never have to adjust dimensions when connecting monitors to computers.

And not enough people have been replying to the similar thread that I made on the main forum.

Comments

• edited 2011-01-23 22:48:12
    Loser
    Yeah, I am not a fan of how many widescreen dimensions do not work well with most wallpapers (from what I can tell). I am not really into stretching images and even if some wallpapers work despite being designed for other dimensions, you cannot count on it. I realize that is pretty minor though and I do not change my wallpaper that frequently anyway.

On a related note, despite what I just said, I am usually not too picky about computer stuff so long as the internet connection is good. Then again, I was never really particularly skilled at using computers and I rarely play games or design "art" on them anyway.
  • WHINE WHINE WHINE!

My 720p 37 inch Vizio TV/Monitor kicks all ya'll bootahz. EMBRACE THE FUTURE BITCHES!
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Is it 4:3?
  • Of course not. You think they come out with 4:3 HDTVs?!?
  • Meh, I don't have a problem with stretching wallpapers, so I really don't care.