If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

That America will never elect a drag queen for president

BobBob
edited 2011-05-11 01:15:49 in Meatspace
In fact, I'm not sure how many places would. This bugs the fuck out of me. Hell, I doubt there'd even be an openly gay president until very far into the future, but a drag queen? Fuhgeddaboudit.

RAJA / MANILA LUZON 2012

Comments

• Now that you bring it up this is kind of really depressing.
  • It is. I hate that it feels like even if America becomes significantly less homophobic really soon, it still feels like there will always be a stigma against drag queens, not to mention the attitude that they should be seen but not heard, so to speak. I hate that no one takes drag queens seriously.
  • edited 2011-05-11 01:40:47
    I hate that no one takes drag queens seriously.

You know that drag queens and transvestites are not the same thing, right?
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-11 01:35:04
    Yes. Drag queens can be serious as well. It's not as if a drag queen hasn't taken the time to speak seriously about something.

Also, it bugs me that there will probably never be a transvestite or transsexual president, too.
  • Sorry. I've always assumed that drag queens are basically performance artists, and I never saw anything to contradict that.
  • Eh, it's cool. I've always seen drag queens are comedians. Sure, their entire line of work is dedicated to making people laugh / entertaining others, but they can still be very serious about something.

Actually, that's part of what I'm sad about.
  • You had a cross-dresser as the first head of the FBI though, doesn't that count for something?
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-11 11:20:42
    Yeah, but he was a closeted cross-dresser, if that even makes sense.