If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Talking religion and politics

edited 2011-05-10 23:18:57 in IJBM meta
Pony Sleuth
I get really tired of seeing the same discussions over and over. It doesn't help that there's usually someone who's stupid, someone who's ignorant, and someone who's completely deaf to reason from the other side. And sometimes it's the same person exhibiting all those traits. Just as often as not there's one of those people on both sides.

Then we get the people who won't except reality unless it lines up with what they want to see. Yes, that applies to discussions about both topics.

I hope this doesn't sound conceited, but it's hard to feel motivated to participate when an individual in the discussion just seems horribly deluded.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    You suck, your god sucks, your political party sucks, and you should feel bad.
  • "It doesn't help that there's usually someone who's stupid,"

<_<

"someone who's ignorant,"

>_>

"and someone who's completely deaf to reason from the other side. And sometimes it's the same person exhibiting all those traits."

<_<
    >_>

"Then we get the people who won't except reality unless it lines up with what they want to see. Yes, that applies to discussions about both topics."

;_;

• ^^Let's call it "Happy Happyism".

^Are you being self-deprecating or are you implying that I was being redundant or something? I'm guessing it's the former, but I guess it'd be fair to call me on the latter.
  • THAT'S RIGHT YOU STUPID FUCK

You don't strike me as dumb. I guess you might as well be for all I know, but at the very least I've never seen you be blatantly, offensively, facepalm-inducingly, pants-on-head retarded. Not like, say, MFE? He's safe to rag on, right?
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-11 00:18:53
    ...You have seen my posts on TVT, right?

Also, I think so. It's not like he's here or anything, who cares?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I want to stomp on Gelzo's head, with a moped, in bed
  • ^^I tend to avoid the kinds of threads I've mentioned above for the reasons I've mentioned above, so I don't think I've seen the posts you're referring to.
  • Well, I meant in regular, non-flame-bait-y threads. I can't remember ever posting in any religious or political threads.