If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I'm sick of being tha tguy

edited 2011-05-10 21:55:41 in IJBM meta
ever since ab out five or six years ago when I was forced to elave my first ever itnernet community i've not found a place I could fit in. I always somehow end up alienating myself and becoming the hated guy. I'm sick of it I just want peolple here to like me. The other day a rather serious blow occured to me here that made me realize I may not have any place here or anyplace else. What do I do?

Comments

• Because you never know what you might see.
    Quit alienating yourself, maybe?  Seems like the obvious answer.
  • Yes obvious on the sxurface but that's erffect not cause and dealing with the issue on that level would be like pushing your car backwards to refill your gas tank.
  • Tnu, there has to be something you can do to improve your typing skills and grammar.  I'm sorry, I know it's been brought up a million times already, but the first step to being taken seriously is posting in a manner that makes it seem like you take yourself seriously.
  • "What do I do?"

I believe in a thing called spellcheck
    just listen to the rhythm of my keyboard
    there's a chance we can spell it now
    I'll be posting till the sun goes down
    Look, tnu, people don't just like other people indiscriminately.  They like people who are, well, likeable.  I don't think you're an unpleasant person, but given how you've responded to criticism of your behaviour in the past, I'm honestly not surprised you end up alienated.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    If I recall correctly, tnu has some vision problem that requires him to make text really big to see it.

• I have self-esteem issues so describe taking myself
    seriously? The only way I can do it is to run it through MS Word so I have to
    enlarge the font to thirty six point so I can read it then lower it to twelve
    point so I can paste it in to the box properly but when I do it that way it
    takes quite a long time for one and two it always comes out in the center of
    the page like so.

• I believe in a thing called glasses

just listen to the rhythm of my corneas

there's a chance we can see it now

I'll be reading till the sun goes down
    Use the "show source" button and delete all the unwanted crap either side of your posts to make them look normal.
  • You have no idea how my eyesight works corrective eyewear doesn't do a damn thign since I have no central vision.
  • Wait do you mean Show Source on my browser or on the post box?
  • I think on your post box.
  • Oh I see it now.
  • edited 2011-05-10 22:11:34
    Because you never know what you might see.
    On your post box.  Little white oblong with the red <> signs.

ninja'd

Have you looked into getting some kind of screen reader?  Or even a magnifying glass might help.
    Show source on the text box is the little icon with the <> symbol.

What exactly do you mean you have no central vision?
  • I'm guessing he only has peripheral vision.
    Central vision is the kind of sharp vision necessary for reading and looking at detailed objects.

Macular degeneration or damage to the fovea can cause a loss of central vision, and there's no real treatment.
  • edited 2011-05-10 22:20:28
    Also Sammy not to be discourteous but when it comes to
    things you know nothing about you should hold your tongue. and this is where I don't know anything about XML so I don't know what to do with that source.

If you didn't write it, and it isn't
    , chances are it isn't meant to be there.
  • edited 2011-05-10 22:19:42
    "Also Sammy not to be discourteous but when it comes to things you know nothing about you should hold your tongue."

I clearly know more about what constitutes an obvious joke than you, however! Also, hold up, you spelled everything correctly that time. What did you do differently?
  • You try so hard to get people to like you it gets annoying, like someone's who's too clingy. Also, why do you care so much about whether someone on the internet likes you?
  • edited 2011-05-10 22:26:42
    Many thanks. Because I am
    trying to renew my early days back when I was just introduced to the concept of
    internet communities. Internet friends mean just as much to me as real life
    friends I fail to see a distinction. I haven’t been able to let go of a single
    one and it's been killing me because I miss them so much.

and this is exactly why I hate going through this process it takes forever.
  • «I haven’t been able to let go of a single one and it's been killing me because I miss them so much.»
    That's incredibly unhealthy, whether you're dealing with real life friends or internet friends.
  • It's how I am I don't let go of things or people ever it's how I work. If I let go I risk forgettign and the more I try not toforget the more I dwell.
  • Wait, how do you read our posts if you can't see your own properly?
  • Firefox magnification. I need to paste my posts in to word only so I can spellcheck and on here it becomes harder because of formatting differences with posting on TVT Fora.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Then use firefox magnification on your posts.
    Can't you just use Ctrl and = to increase text size in browsers?
  • "Look, tnu, people don't just like other people indiscriminately."

"You try so hard to get people to like you it gets annoying, like someone's who's too clingy. Also, why do you care so much about whether someone on the internet likes you?"

This. So much this. This isn't meant to be taken as an insult and I don't know any other way to put it, but the whole "Why don't people like me?!" thing gets really annoying after a while.
  • I do that but I also need to spellcheck in word browser spellcheckers are shit and they don't do the job well enough.