If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Bedbugs

edited 2011-05-09 22:23:35 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
Achievement unlocked: Rent an apartment then find bedbugs in it.

(My parents and I have been dealing with the fallout from this issue this entire day.  Since like 7:30 this morning.  Earlier if you count lack of sleep.  Fallout is ongoing.)

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    You sheltered geeks; you don't react with abject terror or something at the mention of bedbugs.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ...bedbugs?

B-Bedbugs?

Bedbugs?!  BEDBUGS???

BEEEEDBUUUUUGS?!?!?!?!

BEDBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I actually thought my dorm room had bedbugs at one point. It turned out to be a false alarm, but I was freaking out for awhile.
  • I've never had to deal with bedbugs, so I have no idea how to react except indifference.
  • "you don't react with abject terror or something at the mention of bedbugs."

I do. :(
  • Aren't those things like unkillable or something?
  • edited 2011-05-10 08:32:53
    I hate the sound of that. Our house was once full of cat fleas, when we first got a cat. Ugh, it was terrible. You feel anything on your skin and you instantly think it's an unkillable flea. Sleeping was the worst, too.

But yeah... Bedbugs are way bigger? Yuck, I feel sympathy here.
  • ^^ Where did you get that idea?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Adult bedbugs can enter a state of semi-hibernation where they can live for a year or year and half without eating.  Eating blood that is (that's their food).

I've heard of a story where someone put some bedbugs into a box, hermetically sealed, without oxygen, and they still survived.
  • Well regardless of how long it can survive like that they always seemed to die pretty easily when I was still living with my parents when they were stabbed by a knife.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I found a botfly in my elbow.
  • Get a lot of botflies wherever it is that you live that I'm sure is not where botflies live?